PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Reward Points

Gregandmel
03-19-2013, 09:20 AM
We have nearly $700 built up on our Disney Visa in reward points. Some of them will start to expire in early 2014. We won't be able to visit Disney again until probably 2015. What is the best way to "preserve" the points without having them expire? Move a portion of them onto a gift card? Also - can you pay for your Disney Resort costs with a gift card as a portion of the payment? Thanks for any help!! :mickey:

faline
03-19-2013, 09:38 AM
You can use Disney gift cards to pay resort costs.

Do you have a Disney rewards card? Your points get moved from to your rewards card. I don't know if you can use your rewards card to buy gift cards. You can use your rewards dollars to purchase Disney World park passes. I've used mine to purchase annual passes.

You can also use Rewards dollars in a number of other ways including shopping at the Disney web site.

Ms. Mode
03-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Do you have a Disney Store locally? The manager of our local store told me you could use your VISA Redemtion Card for "anything" which includeds the gift cards. (Just make sure the gift card doesn't have an expire date) In the past we have used the gift cards to pay on our trip; I just called and gave the card number when I was paying on the trip. I sure wouldn't let those bucks get away from me either. :blush:

TinkerbellT421
03-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Just remember that the rewards card expires the last day of the month one year from the first point transfer date. For example if you transfer a point today, the rewards card will expire 3/31/14.

PopPhan
03-19-2013, 10:44 AM
If you know how long your next trip will be - in number of days - it would make a lot of sense to purchase park tickets with the points. That way you could have them ready and beat any price hikes prior to your next trip. Tickets do not go into the "14-day" mode until you use them the first time, so you can hold onto them until your trip.

Otherwise, if you transfer them to a Rewards (Redemption) Card this year, you will have until the end (?) of next year (2014) to use them up.

Points can be used at any Disney Store - online or "brick-and-mortar."

Gregandmel
03-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Yeah...I was thinking about going ahead and buying our 7 day park passes with the points we have. I know that some people don't recommend that in case a "package" deal comes up which includes the park passes, but the past 3 trips we've booked everything separately and that's actually how we prefer it. Just want to make sure we use the points as they are intended without losing any of them! Thanks!!

BriarRose0708
03-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Yeah...I was thinking about going ahead and buying our 7 day park passes with the points we have. I know that some people don't recommend that in case a "package" deal comes up which includes the park passes, but the past 3 trips we've booked everything separately and that's actually how we prefer it. Just want to make sure we use the points as they are intended without losing any of them! Thanks!!

I would go ahead and buy tickets now since those are never discounted (at least through Disney) and then book my trip according to when a room-only discount comes available, which is often. You can then put the room reservation on your card and keep racking up those reward dollars so you'll still have some to use on your trip.

eeyoremom
03-19-2013, 07:16 PM
We have done exactly what you suggested in your original post. We purchased gift cards from disney store online, and used them to pay some of our room charge. it was no problem.