PDA

View Full Version : The Not All Corporate Events Are The Same Wrap-Up

MOJoe
03-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Again, this was just a short business trip. And a first for this convention being held at WDW. So even though we didn't have a free night at The Studios, i am still thankful for the opportunity to visit Disney. So here are my thoughts about this trip.

First, the weather. While early March can be great, my experience is that it can be quite cold, expecially at night. Friday, our best day, offered 70 degree highs, but as soon as the sun went down.......burrr. So i'm still searching for the perfect week to visit.

Next, the crowds. since this was primarily a business meeting, i thought we would barely miss the Spring Break crowds. Well, no. It wasn't as packed as Easter week, but the parks were much more crowded than i expected, and much more crowded than the end of May or first of June. Our normal vacation time.

About CSR. I feel i have a new found appreciation for the Disney Mods. For the last several trips, we have stayed at the Deluxe resorts, with a value thrown in. So it has been quite a while since we stayed in a Mod. This resort gets good marks from me. The Casitas at Coronado Springs really look and feel like a more expensive resort. The other sections have a rustic charm. But even if i could not stay in the preferred section, i would love to bring my whole family here. I was impressed with the pool area and the overall beauty of this resort.

This is the first time i have seen the expanded Fantasyland. We enjoyed our meal at Be Our Guest, and Ariel's attraction is nice. But the big thing for me is Incorporating Mickey's Toontown. This is a much better design than having a dead end and will smooth the overall flow of the park. I can see myself riding Dumbo for years to come.

And that brings me to the most important aspect of this trip. It's the first as a married couple, with children who did not accompany us. Yep, an adult Disney trip. Our usual convention venue is Vegas. We enjoy Vegas. But we love Disney. And while there were moments when we missed our sons, there were more that we enjoyed together. Just me and my wife doing just what we wanted. Even if it was for just a couple of days. And since it was for only a couple of days, and my kid's didn't get to tag along, well, i guess we have to plan another trip soon. Cause we're all just kids at heart.

Thanks for reading.
Joe

January-2007
03-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Thanks so much for reporting!

hauntedmansiongirl
03-19-2013, 01:19 AM
We love CSR! So glad to hear that you do too!

Thanks so much for sharing your vacation with us!

:tink:

faline
03-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Coronado Springs is a lovely moderate!! Sounds like it was a wonderful adult getaway!!

vizsla
03-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the report.

Tigerinvestigator
03-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Thanks for sharing. I felt like I had a short trip with you. My DW loves CSR and we stay there occasionally. I think its great for couples to take a short trip without the kids at least once. My wife and I took a long weekend trip a few years ago and loved it, but by the third day we wished we had the kids there with us.:thumbsup:

WDWFRK
03-30-2013, 10:33 PM
Disney is great with kids, but I'm glad you got to experience a different kind of trip and appreciated it just the same. Thanks for the report!

VWL Mom
03-31-2013, 08:41 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us :mickey: