PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha

Disneyfirsttimer
03-18-2013, 09:36 AM
OK so I have always wanted to try this. We love visiting the Poly and have done both Ohanas and Kona Cafe. We have never been to Hawaii or any kind of luau.

My kids will be 14 and 11.5 and I was looking to book Cat 1. I have read some very bad reviews from the food being horrible to the show being boring and too long. My kids usually enjoy stuff like this. We went on a cruise over the summer and they went to every show with us and liked them all.

If I am not going soley for the food, is this dinner show worth it at all? Has anyone actually enjoyed it. We were planning to do this our first night for the 8:00pm show.

Thanks!

Karyn

faline
03-18-2013, 10:04 AM
When we last went, I enjoyed the food - it's not fine dining but it's not horrible.

While the show does feature Polynesian dancing, the format of the show is no longer like other luaus I have been to. The storyline is a bit corny but the dancing is nice.

Disneyfirsttimer
03-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks for your feedback Faline!

Anyone else?

DizneyRox
03-18-2013, 12:25 PM
If you're looking for good things about the Luau, you won't hear anything from me...

MargaretMessler
03-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Last time I went was quite a few years ago, and while the food was good, the show was just average. To me, not worth the money

Keneva
03-18-2013, 09:25 PM
If you go with high expectations you might be disappointed but like anything else if you go wanting to have a good time, you will! The fire dancer at the end is awesome! That is a must see. :flame:

yjgirl32
03-19-2013, 09:48 AM
I enjoyed both the food and the show. My ds8 at the time loved the fire dancer. I would go with category 1. Second time we went we sat in 2 and it wasn't as good.

Disneyfirsttimer
03-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedback :thumbsup:

I think we will just keep the reservation. I don't have high expectations so we should be good. Just wanted to experience it. My kids seems to enjoy most things so I am sure they will like this.

Karyn

TinkerbellT421
03-20-2013, 10:54 AM
If you're looking for good things about the Luau, you won't hear anything from me...

:ditto::exactly::sorry: