PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading season pass on the monthly payment plan

Ellasdad
03-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Our family has seasonal passes on the monthly payment plan. We normally get annual passes for Sea World Aquatica during the summer but are now considering upgrading to the Premium Annual Pass for the Disney Water Paks (we generally do not go to the theme parks in the summer because it is too hot and too many people). Would I be able to upgrade to the premium pass and stay on the payment plan or would it be better to just get the Aquatica passes this summer and go with the premium pass when I renew at the end of the year?

faline
03-18-2013, 08:11 AM
Glad you decided to post!!

The Disney website indicates you can upgrade but they are not clear what impact that will have on your monthly payment plan. Here is what they have to say:

Q.Can I upgrade my Annual Pass?
A.Yes. If you are interested in upgrading your Annual Pass more than 60 days before it expires, visit any Walt Disney World theme park ticket window or Guest Relations location and they will walk you through your options.

dnickels
03-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Disney also has a 'Water Parks After 2 Annual Pass' option that you could add. If the water parks in the summer are the main draw, adding that would be significantly less than upgrading all the way to a premium annual pass. Depending on how you visit, might be worth comparing.

BrerGnat
03-18-2013, 08:36 AM
I did this once with a Disneyland annual pass. I was also on the payment plan.

When I went to upgrade, I had to pay the difference between the cost of the pass I had and the one I wanted to upgrade to, right on the spot. I just charged it to my credit card. My monthly payments remained the same..

Not that Disneyland and WDW ever do things the same way, but this is how it was handled there.