PDA

View Full Version : Magic Music Days?

SandmanGStefani24
03-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Was thinking last night about my 2nd trip (or first that I can really remember) to WDW in 1995. We went down there for the Magic Music Days competition. I remember that half of our band played at one location, another at a second spot, and all of us at the parade in MK. We ended the parade backstage, which to me was really cool even though I hadn't become the rabid WDW fan I am now. At the end of the whole deal, there was an awards ceremony at an outdoor pavillion thingy that was pretty big. (maybe in MGM?)

Anyway, was wondering, do they still do the Magic Music Days? If not, anyone have any stories from seeing or participating? I still have my tshirt! :sam:

Strmchsr
03-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Yep. They have bands visit throughout the year, but the end of April are the official "Magic Music Days." I did it twice in high school. Definitely great memories!

BuffaloJason
03-18-2013, 08:53 AM
Was thinking last night about my 2nd trip (or first that I can really remember) to WDW in 1995. We went down there for the Magic Music Days competition. I remember that half of our band played at one location, another at a second spot, and all of us at the parade in MK. We ended the parade backstage, which to me was really cool even though I hadn't become the rabid WDW fan I am now. At the end of the whole deal, there was an awards ceremony at an outdoor pavillion thingy that was pretty big. (maybe in MGM?)

Anyway, was wondering, do they still do the Magic Music Days? If not, anyone have any stories from seeing or participating? I still have my tshirt! :sam:

Thanks for bringing back good memories. I went down for Magic Music Days with my high school band way back in May of 1991. We got to go backstage briefly in the Magic Kingdom and performed on a stage in the Village Marketplace. All I really remember of the performance is that it was almost 100 degrees and humid and we were wearing tuxedos so they had people spraying us with cold water and reminding us not to lock our knees during the performance for fear that someone would pass out. It was my first trip to WDW since my family had gone in 1980 (when I was too young to really remember) so it really was the start of my WDW obsession. My t-shirt is long gone (unless it's in my parents attic somewhere) but I still have a lapel pin with the MMD logo which is one of my most cherished WDW souvenirs.