PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Week crowds?

EeyoresBestFriend
03-16-2013, 01:08 PM
We are thinking of heading down the Wednesday after Columbus day.

Do the crowds going down for that weekend tend be higher all week? Or just a day or two before / after?
Thanks in advance :mickey:

mjfjr6
03-16-2013, 04:31 PM
We did this last year and have done it on previous trips. We did a Wednesday to Wednesday trip. The Friday and Saturday crowds were high especially in the Magic Kingdom. It starts to thin out again later Sunday. My advice is to avoid Magic Kingdom. The park was open until midnight but you could barley move. Also Epcot was jammed because food and wine is going on at this

mjfjr6
03-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Time. If you go at this time use those days as non park days at least later in the day. Hope this helps.

tinkwest
03-17-2013, 01:50 AM
We did this last year and have done it on previous trips. We did a Wednesday to Wednesday trip. The Friday and Saturday crowds were high especially in the Magic Kingdom. It starts to thin out again later Sunday. My advice is to avoid Magic Kingdom. The park was open until midnight but you could barley move. Also Epcot was jammed because food and wine is going on at this...Time. If you go at this time use those days as non park days at least later in the day. Hope this helps.

However this is in regards to Disneyland Resort.

I have never noticed a dramatic increase in crowds in the weeks surrounding Columbus Day. Maybe a bit just for that weekend, but not for days on end. At least that has been my experience.

EeyoresBestFriend
03-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Wonderful!

Thanks! :thumbsup: