PDA

View Full Version : Rental Car Return at Port

NJGIRL
03-16-2013, 12:16 PM
We always park our rental at the port, but this time we are returning the rental at the port before the cruise. Has anyone done this before? If so, how far from the Disney terminal is the car rental return, how long did it take to return your car, did they have a shuttle to take you back to the terminal, how much time did it take for the whole car rental return and to get back to the Disney terminial?

Auroring Good Time
03-17-2013, 09:19 AM
It depends on the rental car agency. We used Avis this time. It was about a 5-10 minute ride away. We had to wait about 20 minutes on either end for the shuttle to and from Avis. Not a bad experience at all. I would do it again.

FortheloveofStitch
03-17-2013, 10:00 AM
We just did it with hertz. We had first boarding time. I dropped family and luggage of at the terminal 15 minutes before we were supposed to be there. Furled up and dropped car off and was on the shuttle back within 25 minutes of dropping family off. Absolutely smooth. Plus only handled luggage once. Was not looking forward to unloading at car rental, loading shuttle, then unloading at port. :cool:

NJGIRL
03-18-2013, 02:58 PM
We just did it with hertz. We had first boarding time. I dropped family and luggage of at the terminal 15 minutes before we were supposed to be there. Furled up and dropped car off and was on the shuttle back within 25 minutes of dropping family off. Absolutely smooth. Plus only handled luggage once. Was not looking forward to unloading at car rental, loading shuttle, then unloading at port. :cool:

This is exactly what I thought we would do, but I am probably renting from Budget.

Thanks for the replies.