PDA

View Full Version : Reservations?

brad817
03-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Why can't you make online dining reservations at Disneyland?

Do the restaurants get as busy as Disney World? We're going with a group of 15 in July and want to book a few reservations. Recommendations appreciated!

tinkwest
03-16-2013, 10:36 AM
I think there is not the same mad rush to make reservations at the DLR as there is at WDW. We rarely make reservations unless it is one of the restaurants that would fall in to the signature dining category. But with a party of 15 I think it would be a good idea to plan ahead and call (714-781-3463) or email ([email protected]) 60 days prior to your visit for all of your table service choices.

Are you planning on making a lot or just a few visits to table service restaurants with that large of a group? Would you include any signature restaurants, in the higher priced category, with that many people or stay with mid-range for price?

brad817
03-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Thanks tink. We usually book several dinners and a breakfast or two for our large group. Signature dining would be out for the entire group, as we'll have 6 kids with us.

tinkwest
03-18-2013, 11:40 AM
With six kids, I think a character dining or two might be a good choice. When my kids were little we always kicked off our Disneyland vacations with a visit to Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel. Also good is the Storyteller's Cafe Chip 'n Dale Critter Breakfast where you have your choice of ordering off of the menu or enjoying the buffet.

The Carnation Cafe on Main Street in Disneyland is very popular and a true Disneyland classic. There is both indoor and outdoor dining and serves all day. ESPN Zone for lunch or dinner in Downtown Disney has a wide variety of choices and lots of room for a group so large. Rainforest Cafe, also in Downtown Disney, seems to be a favorite with kids. Definitely recommend reservations but they must be made directly at (714) 772-0413 and not through Disney Dining.

There are a lot of great walk-up places to eat throughout the Resort that should be no problem seating a large group. At Disneyland the area by Stage Door Cafe and River Belle Terrace in Frontierland and also the Hungry Bear in Critter Country. At DCA the Pacific Wharf area has lots of tables with three eating options and the beer truck and there is lots of space in the Paradise Gardens where you will find Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta, Paradise Garden Grill, and Bayside Brews.