PDA

View Full Version : I got up early for this!!

PlutoLover
03-16-2013, 06:27 AM
SO it's Saturday and I have a 7 month old so I am soooo sleep deprived BUT I got up anyway at 5:50a to book my ADRs. I pre-planned and made sure my account was ready to go, added my reservation and the "My Disney Experience" page says I'm at 180 days, so in I go and can't get the reservation I want for my first day of the trip so I put in any old ressie to get going and now I can't book anymore. The +10 days did not light up magically!! What gives?? I am so frustrated right now and exhausted!

BrerGnat
03-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Oh, posts like this make me so sad. :( I don't subscribe to the ADR madness myself, but for people that do, it must be maddening.

Did you try calling? The My Disney Experience site is SO horrible. If they don't fix it, they are in for quite a PR disaster.

ANG
03-16-2013, 09:41 AM
You should call ASAP!!! That happened to me last trip and when I Called they made all the ADRs for me.

BrerGnat
03-16-2013, 10:18 AM
It might be worth mentioning that the current website is really not reliable for doing ANYTHING. Calling is a much better option.

Tekneek
03-16-2013, 11:29 AM
It might be worth mentioning that the current website is really not reliable for doing ANYTHING. Calling is a much better option.

I am sad. A company with access to so much skill and talent is seemingly unable to put together websites that can work reliably. Even worse, they leave such websites in production (to the frustration of their customers) rather than closing it until it is actually ready.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-16-2013, 11:38 AM
I am so sorry! The new webiste is so frustrating!!!

I had to make my ADR's on firefox, since I could get to the old site that way, anything else just kept giving an error.

Frustration all around - not good Disney!

BuddyL4
03-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Same thing happened to me last month. The dear wife started to dial right at 7 am and we spoke to cast member who was very helpful. We got all our ressies we wanted! I work 2nd shift and was up at 5:30am ready with 2 computers a tablet and my iPhone. All that technology was useless and the wife was laughing at me when she got right in on the phone :number1:

Maleficent's Dad
03-16-2013, 02:11 PM
I couldn't agree more.

The "new" site is pathetic... It's not just a few kinks, the thing just doesn't work. There are so many complaints about it - people are flabbergasted! They can't even make payments online (wouldn't Disney want to fix THAT aspect?! $$$).

WDW&MK
03-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Same exact thing happened to me 2 years in a row now. I am CST so I get up and am at my computer at 5:00 am here (6 am disney time) and I cannot get the program to let me book any reservations. I couldn't even do my first reservation because it is not on my 1st day of vacation. Then I call the dining line and have to use the auto system first before it gets me to a live person. :mad: I know that the auto system won't work if the internet booking wouldn't work. Luckily I got a super nice cast member named Sawyer who booked all of my ADRs for me.

My question is: With all of the castmembers and talent and resources that disney has - why is their dining website SOOOOOOO slow and SOOOOOO hard to use??? It baffles me.:confused: Why can't they make a website that works??

Anthony007
03-16-2013, 02:31 PM
I was very skeptical of making my ADRs for August using the online system, but felt compelled since the online system opened an hour before the phone lines, especially since I wanted several hard to get ADRs (BOG, CM, CP, Ohanas, etc). I have to say it was an enjoyable experience, started at 6am, all done by 6:20 with all of my first choices.

TinkerbellT421
03-16-2013, 03:10 PM
We still only use phone system to make reservations. We trust the online system for absolutely nothing.

Jodi
03-17-2013, 09:31 PM
They are having issues with the new website. We are having the same troubles, I have made several calls, emails, etc...they say to be patient...kind of hard when nothing seems to change each time you check the new site. If you need to make ressies, I would call...

PlutoLover
03-18-2013, 11:33 AM
I love the idea of doing it online and I HOPED that I would be back in bed by 630a, no such luck! After trying over and over again I just kept getting errors except for Victoria & Alberts, I could have booked that for every day of my trip, lol!! I did call right at 7am but I first had to go thru the automated system like noted above, which didn't work because I was trying to book CA Grill (which unbeknownst to me was not taking reservations due to the rehab). Finally about 720a I connected to a cast member who was very calm and helpful, I mention calm because I really needed that at that point. Her soft ways relaxed me :blush:. So she booked all but 2 of my ADRs and BOG I have but not at the time I would like so I will try back on that one.

This was my first experience with the online system, what a shame it's not always working because it is a great system (so it seems). Just glad that I got my ADRs and 45 more minutes sleep before my little princess woke up :thumbsup:

Disneyfirsttimer
03-18-2013, 11:54 AM
We are traveling 9/3 to 9/8 and I had no issues using the online system. I just booked this trip and went on over the weekend with no issues and got everything we wanted. I wasn't looking for the difficult ones like CRT so maybe that was it. I like the online option.

dmallan
03-18-2013, 04:05 PM
I had the same problem last Thursday. I could only make one reservation. The online system would not recognize that I could make +10 days worth of ADRs. I called Disney Dining at 7:00 and had no problem. Talked to a wonderful CM who made all my ressies, most for the exact time I wanted. :mickey:

The only issue now is that only the first ADR I made online appears on My Disney Experience. I've tried inputting them manually, and the system finds the reservation, but is not able to hook it up to my other reservations. :mad:

garthbarth1
03-18-2013, 11:49 PM
I have never booked online! Is My Disney Experience a different/specific website for dining only? Also, can you book starting the day of your vacation, or do you have to call each day? Like if we want to go at the end of our stay to BOG, that is day 186..do I need to wait a few days later than making them for the start of our trip? Thanks!!:mickey::blush:

Ms. Mode
03-19-2013, 10:28 AM
We still only use phone system to make reservations. We trust the online system for absolutely nothing.

Ditto!

WIFamily316
03-22-2013, 10:25 PM
That stinks that you have had an awful experience. I took have been up every day this week at 6 am CST to make sure we get what we want. So far, so good with the online system.

azcavalier
03-24-2013, 10:37 AM
I am sad. A company with access to so much skill and talent is seemingly unable to put together websites that can work reliably. Even worse, they leave such websites in production (to the frustration of their customers) rather than closing it until it is actually ready.

I've said this for years. For a multimedia entertainment company, their website(s) are awful.

E-OR
03-24-2013, 11:50 AM
One thing that happened to me using My Disney Experience was I decided to change one of my ADR times. All the ADR's that I had made were listed and I went in to make the cange and the site asked if I wanted to cancel an ARD for a restaurant I did not even make. Once I have everything decided I plan to call to confirm all my ADR's. I don't want to have some ghost reservation out there that may cost me since some restaurants require a credit card to confirm. When I first tried to make the ADR's the site could no even find my reservation number....Hopefully all these little problems will get worked out. I liked the other site better but then again I don't like change.

Tekneek
03-24-2013, 12:21 PM
I've said this for years. For a multimedia entertainment company, their website(s) are awful.

It is a major management failure. I worked for a company that didn't have consumer facing websites. It was totally a business-to-business operation, but if any web service was not functioning properly we would be on conference calls either resolving the problem or backing out the changes. There was no telling the customer to deal with it, or asking them to work around our failure. The fact that Disney so willingly passes the burden onto their customers is very telling about what they think of us.

Gator
03-25-2013, 04:20 PM
I actually despise calling. I've been on the phone while online, and the times given over the phone weren't nearly as good as what was online. Usually when the website won't let me go the 10+ (which happened once), I go back in and re-enter my confirmation number. It did work for me.

The one thing that bothers me about ADRs is getting up early to book for the Christmas time of year and finding the hard to get ressies at Epcot not available because of the CP packages not being up to date.

Davy Crockett
04-03-2013, 11:52 AM
I guess one point of clarification I would like to ask is concerning the term Online.
Is the "New" system you're having problems with the new Disney AP / My Experience OR are you having issues making reservations directly through the true Disney website where you login under parks & travel and traditionally make all your vacation reservations (Resort, ticket, dining and then reservations)?
I believe the problems are with the new app that will eventually be tied to everything including fast pass+ but from reading posts above there seems to be an intertwining of terms.
Thanks in advance for the clarification!

NJGIRL
04-04-2013, 08:50 PM

100% agree with this. I call for everything and don't even bother with the web site.

MrPeetrie
04-05-2013, 09:49 AM
On our last trip, I couldn't wait to use the new online system. I woke up early, pulled up my reservation, and began. "180 Days Until Your Vacation"

I made my first ADR. Perfect. Time for the next one.
"YOU MUST BE WITHIN 180 DAYS"
No luck. I couldn't make any more online ADRs on my package. I waited until phones were open and made the rest by phone. I was disappointed.