PDA

View Full Version : DHS Entertainment Changes?

DizneyFreak2002
03-15-2013, 09:28 PM
News has been circulating online about Countdown to Fun Parade and Disney Channel Rocks ending their respective runs on April 6...

First, has any CM involved on this site heard this and can confirm?

Second, if true, good riddance...

Third, let the speculation begin as to why this may be happening...

Quadstriker
03-16-2013, 03:20 AM
Confirmed.

And I liked that parade.

KiNg4aDaY
03-16-2013, 09:36 AM
are they replacing them with anything? I will be at DHS on April 9th.

Melanie
03-16-2013, 09:47 AM
Oh, I'm more than elated to hear that DCR is ending. But I liked Pixar Pals and thought it was a fun, energetic parade. Wonder what's on the slate to replace these things?

DizneyRox
03-16-2013, 09:48 AM
News has been circulating online about Countdown to Fun Parade and Disney Channel Rocks ending their respective runs on April 6...
Never heard of them... Sounds dreadful though, the shows, not that they are going away...

Figment!
03-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Multiple Entertainment Cast Members and Disney's Hollywood Studios Cast Members have confirmed the internal announcement.

are they replacing them with anything? I will be at DHS on April 9th. Entertainment Cast have only reported (so far) that both entertainment offerings are going on an indefinite hiatus on April 6th.

Wonder what's on the slate to replace these things?It's typical for Entertainment Cast to have news of a replacement in these situations, so some are speculating that a yet-to-be announced construction project is causing a lengthy hiatus. This speculation appears to be (in part) fueled by the Press Event scheduled for 4/25 & 4/26.

Contrary to that speculation, it is also being speculated that the offerings could be temporarily replaced by the "summer attractions" noted in the agenda for the same April Press Event.

DizneyFreak2002
03-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Never heard of them... Sounds dreadful though, the shows, not that they are going away...

You didn't miss anything... If you saw Block Party Bash, think of a dumbed down version of that... Was the worst rated parade among guests... I'd say catch it on You Tube but you would be wasting 5 minutes of your life LOL...

Multiple Entertainment Cast Members and Disney's Hollywood Studios Cast Members have confirmed the internal announcement.

Entertainment Cast have only reported (so far) that both entertainment offerings are going on an indefinite hiatus on April 6th.

It's typical for Entertainment Cast to have news of a replacement in these situations, so some are speculating that a yet-to-be announced construction project is causing a lengthy hiatus. This speculation appears to be (in part) fueled by the Press Event scheduled for 4/25 & 4/26.

**Cough CARSLAND cough**

Contrary to that speculation, it is also being speculated that the offerings could be temporarily replaced by the "summer attractions" noted in the agenda for the same April Press Event.

Question for ya, since you do seem to get good entertainment info.. Any word on Pixar Play Parade from DCA coming east while DCA gets a new parade? Seems that a member of another site has started running with that as the plan...

Tekneek
03-16-2013, 12:49 PM
We ran away from the DHS parades they've had since doing away with Stars & Motor Cars. That one had just about the right amount of stuff for that park, IMO.

It's unfortunate for those who enjoyed them, though. It's not a good feeling when something you were looking forward to closes between when you booked your vacation and your arrival.

WhiteRose1
03-16-2013, 04:27 PM
I hope they bring something back like the stars and cars parade. It has a special place in my heart.

My husband and I were Grand Marshals in the parade in oct 2003.

Figment!
03-17-2013, 10:14 AM
.. Any word on Pixar Play Parade from DCA coming east while DCA gets a new parade? Seems that a member of another site has started running with that as the plan...

Aware of this rumour, but not currently aware of its creditability.

DizneyFreak2002
03-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Aware of this rumour, but not currently aware of its creditability.

I'm not holding any credibility to that rumor, especially since we haven't read a peep about any new DCA parade... I think there would have been a lot of chatter in a new parade was that close to being announced...

As for DHS, there is now another rumor going around, once that was discussed a while back but now seeming to be getting some traction, is for a new car entrance into the parking lot... Something is up with DHS... The park may be getting a lot of love in the near future...

Roger's #1 Fan
03-18-2013, 12:43 PM
As for DHS, there is now another rumor going around, once that was discussed a while back but now seeming to be getting some traction, is for a new car entrance into the parking lot... Something is up with DHS... The park may be getting a lot of love in the near future...

Yes, I've read where the parade building is located behind the Backlot Express. And given the fact that a certain mini-land has not found an official home anywhere, as well as the restrictions of Marvel in FL, makes this seem as if a placesetting for a cantina may be in the works. :yoda:

crltkcagle
03-18-2013, 12:50 PM
You are referring to the Pixar and Pals parade correct? I loved that parade and will be sad to see it go. :(

DizneyFreak2002
03-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Yes, I've read where the parade building is located behind the Backlot Express. And given the fact that a certain mini-land has not found an official home anywhere, as well as the restrictions of Marvel in FL, makes this seem as if a placesetting for a cantina may be in the works. :yoda:

I'd love for that to be the case, more Star Wars is never a bad thing... But, I have a feeling, if any project comes to DHS, it will be a mini version of Cars Land (Just RSR with a gift shop and maybe Flo's) along with the long runored Monsters Inc coaster...

You are referring to the Pixar and Pals parade correct? I loved that parade and will be sad to see it go. :(

If that is the same parade as Countdown to Fun then yes, final run is set for April 6...

cer
03-18-2013, 01:15 PM
We ran away from the DHS parades they've had since doing away with Stars & Motor Cars. That one had just about the right amount of stuff for that park, IMO.

LOVED Stars & Motor Cars.

Best parade I have seen at that park since we started going as a family in 2006. Only saw it the one time, but it was great. :number1:

cer
03-18-2013, 01:18 PM
along with the long runored Monsters Inc coaster...

I would love to see this "long rumored Monsters Inc coaster" come to fruition.

DizneyFreak2002
03-18-2013, 01:25 PM
I would love to see this "long rumored Monsters Inc coaster" come to fruition.

You and a lot of other people.. I just wish my friends were quick enough to capture the picture of the concept art when it was leaked on to the Hub a few years back LoL...

cfoshe
04-08-2013, 05:03 PM
I read on another site that they have or going to cancel the two parades in HS. The article points that it could have something to do with the wireless mics the performers use interfering with the new RFID gate readers and RFID cash registers in the stores.

If this is true, someone did not do all their homework on RFID.

Again, a rumor from another site. I have no way of confirming or dis-confirming this, without the help of fellow Intercotees that are in the know.

TinkerbellT421
04-08-2013, 05:27 PM
:haha::funny:

How does this not surprise me?

How's this $1 BILLION dollar project working out for you disney? :shake::bang:

DizneyFreak2002
04-08-2013, 05:32 PM
I read on another site that they have or going to cancel the two parades in HS. The article points that it could have something to do with the wireless mics the performers use interfering with the new RFID gate readers and RFID cash registers in the stores.

If this is true, someone did not do all their homework on RFID.

Again, a rumor from another site. I have no way of confirming or dis-confirming this, without the help of fellow Intercotees that are in the know.

This was discussed before about the parade in DHS ending, but the RFID thing came out today (or recently)... The RFID excuse is not true... The parade is not interfering with RFID readers...

The parade was cut as part of reducing DHS' entertainment budget... The money was shifted elsewhere...

DHS is getting prepped for work to be done... D23 should hold the answers as to what is coming for DHS... Carsland gained a lot of steam several months ago (well, not all of Carsland just RSR and maybe Flo's)... But people have been rumbling about Star Wars again... I doubt we'd get a major Star Wars expansion, but that could be why we haven't gotten any Radiator Springs Racers announcement yet...

SBETigg
04-08-2013, 07:39 PM
This works for me. The park doesn't handle crowds well and the parade/entertainment always makes navigating around certain areas much more difficult. It's usually never anything I want to stop and watch in that park.

Tekneek
04-09-2013, 10:30 AM
This works for me. The park doesn't handle crowds well and the parade/entertainment always makes navigating around certain areas much more difficult. It's usually never anything I want to stop and watch in that park.

I second this. I never found Stars & Motor Cars to be too disruptive, but everything they've done since then has made crowd flow a complete disaster.

RedSoxFan
04-30-2013, 06:52 AM
What about the stage area in front of the hat? Will this disappear? I would like to see it go as it takes away from the hat and it just looks awful. But that is my opinion!!

TinkerbellT421
04-30-2013, 08:23 AM
What about the stage area in front of the hat? Will this disappear?

I sure do hope so!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about an eye sore.

Melanie
04-30-2013, 08:26 AM
What about the stage area in front of the hat? Will this disappear? I would like to see it go as it takes away from the hat and it just looks awful. But that is my opinion!!

Thing is, that stage goes up and down.

Goofster
04-30-2013, 12:32 PM

I wish they'd eliminate AK's parade for that reason too. That place is a nightmare when Jungle Jammin' roles through.

badkitty
04-30-2013, 02:59 PM
I wish they'd eliminate AK's parade for that reason too. That place is a nightmare when Jungle Jammin' roles through.

Ugh, please, no! I love the AK parade!!!

DizneyFreak2002
04-30-2013, 03:11 PM

Don't hold me to this but I thought I read that the stage would be going along with the entertainment that performs on the stage...
I thought they use the stage during Star Wars Weekends... and if so, then you are looking at a June/July stage removal... But I could be wrong about the Star Wars Weekends usage...

The hat may not be long for this world either.. at least at the current location... But, I'll also believe that when I see it cause we've been hearing for a while now the hat is going...

Roger's #1 Fan
05-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Reading some new rumblings about CarsLand at DHS. Looks like two versions are being proposed, one with the RSR clone and another with a new dark ride which might incorporate some of the exisiting show scenes from RSR but with a different type of track system and obviously a different finale.

I think it would be great not to get a clone. This might also alleviate any operational issues due to the unpredictable Florida weather which TT already suffers from.

PirateLover
05-23-2013, 02:51 PM
I agree, I don't want another clone! Especially since RSR is essentially a Cars-themed Test Track.