PDA

View Full Version : Non-Park Day and what to do with the kiddos

pokeyw
03-14-2013, 03:02 PM
We are planning to take a day off from the parks in the middle of our trip to have some relaxation time. I would like to go to the spa and my husband and father would like to go golfing. The question is what to do with the kids during the day. All of the childcare centers open at 4:30. Does anyone have any suggestions for late morning / early afternoon activities that don't require parent supervision? Thanks!

Strmchsr
03-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Pretty much everything requires parental supervision. Outside of leaving your kids in the room, unless they're 15+, they would need an adult with them. If the kids are younger, there are "nanny" services at WDW. Not through Disney, but there are 2 or 3 services, at least, in the Orlando area where people will come and be with your kids. Basically babysitters, but a little more than that. You can do a search and find several companies. I haven't used one, but I've heard good things about a couple of them from folks who have.

Pally
03-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Pretty much everything requires parental supervision. Outside of leaving your kids in the room, unless they're 15+, they would need an adult with them. If the kids are younger, there are "nanny" services at WDW. Not through Disney, but there are 2 or 3 services, at least, in the Orlando area where people will come and be with your kids. Basically babysitters, but a little more than that. You can do a search and find several companies. I haven't used one, but I've heard good things about a couple of them from folks who have.

We have used an outside service one year for our sons 8 and 9 at that time. The sitter came to the Wilderness Lodge for 7:15 am. My husand and I went to Epcot for the Segway tour. The sitter met us at at the turnstiles at Epcot and noon with the boys. The boys really enjoyed the sitter. They didn't mind being left for a morning and we really enjoyed our adult time together. It was not cheep though but I would do it again.

Patricia
03-14-2013, 09:34 PM
I once sent my son on a Pirate Cruise.. that gave me two hours to myself. They start at 9:30 and are over at 11:30. I think it's only select days at GF, PO, CB and Y&B Club.

Both Y&B Club and GF have a spa. :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
03-15-2013, 08:56 AM
It's probably just easier (and cheaper) to alternate your relaxation activities rather than doing them at the same time.

Have the guys do golf in the morning, while you stay with the kids, and then have your spa afternoon while the men take care of the kids. Perhaps the guys can take the kids to mini golf, or a movie while you are at the spa. You can hang with the kids at the pool in the morning (if it's warm enough), or go explore some of the resort playgrounds.