PDA

View Full Version : timing question

KiNg4aDaY
03-14-2013, 01:52 PM
So I am about 3 weeks from leaving for WDW, and I have been there many times. While I consider myself a pro at going to the theme parks I have to admit that I am kind of a novice at staying on property, using the transportation system, and anything related to resorts.

My question is that the day my family and I go to Magic Kingdom we have 7:30am reservations at Ohana in the Polynesian for breakfast. I'm not sure what time the buses start operating so we can get to the TTC on time. Also, will the monorail be operating that early in the morning or will we have to walk over to the Polynesian from the TTC?

Also, my SIL would like to be to MK in time to view the opening ceremonies and the rope drop at the park. I believe the park opens at 9. Do you think we will have enough time to get to Ohana, eat breakfast, and get to MK in time to watch that opening ceremony?

I dont know if it makes a difference with timing but I am staying at Carribean Beach and my brother's family is staying at Port Orleans - Riverside.

Strmchsr
03-14-2013, 03:05 PM
If your reservation is AT 7:30 then you need to arrive by 7:15. I would say you would definitely need to call a taxi as buses aren't always running early enough to get you there by that time. The taxi will take you straight to the Poly.

If you have your own transportation you can also drive to Poly. Tell the gate guard you're dining at Ohana. The only problem is there is a 3 hour limit so someone would need to move the car to the TTC after your breakfast.

Usually it takes about an hour to finish dining so with a 7:30 dining time you should be able to get to the MK by 9:00. Just take the monorail straight from the Poly to MK. It might be a little close depending on how crowded the monorail is, but you should make it.

KiNg4aDaY
03-14-2013, 05:02 PM
does anyone idea how much a taxi would cost? The last time I was in orlando I was on the opposite side of town but I ended up paying almost $100 to go 6 miles! I dont have that kind of money in the budget.

Strmchsr
03-14-2013, 05:54 PM
I don't know for sure as I haven't taken a taxi around property, but the folks I have heard doing it I think said it was about $15-20 from most resorts.

AllDisney
03-14-2013, 06:16 PM
We have used a cab on a couple of occasions to get from the resort, one of the values, to dinner at AKL and it ran about $20.

The other time we used a cab, and I don't remember where we were trying to get to but it cost us $15.

I don't think using a cab will break the bank:thumbsup:

MargaretMessler
03-14-2013, 06:23 PM
If you have your own transportation you can also drive to Poly. Tell the gate guard you're dining at Ohana. The only problem is there is a 3 hour limit so someone would need to move the car to the TTC after your breakfast.

Or you could also park at the TTC and walk over to the Poly, maybe someone else can chime in with how long a walk that would be as I'm not sure. It would eliminate the need to move the car though.

faline
03-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Typically, the busses begin operating by 7 a.m. to those with early dining reservations can get to their destinations. From your resorts, you'd need to take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then a boat or the monorail to the Poly so you'd be cutting it pretty close. The monorail would be the last stop before returning to the Magic Kingdom. If you travel by bus, you won't be dropped at the Transportation and Ticket Center.

Every resort does have cabs readily available - just ask someone at Bell Services to flag one for you. Sounds like you had a really bad cab experience in the past!! You can get an idea of your fare by checking Fare Finder (http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando)

If you have a car, you can drive directly to the Polynesian but you can't park there all day. If you park at the Transportation and Ticket Center, there is a walkway from there to the Polynesian - probably takes 10-15 minutes depending on how quickly you walk.

While the Magic Kingdom is the first monorail stop from the Poly, it might be a bit close to make it for the opening ceremony.