PDA

View Full Version : Mid-late August

mydisneygirls
03-14-2013, 09:19 AM
I've read posts that August is very hot and humid during the day but was wondering how the nights are. Does the humidity lessen? Two years ago we went in September and it was unbearable during the day but not bad at night.

Strmchsr
03-14-2013, 10:18 AM
In August it's still pretty sticky at night. Not as bad because you don't have the sun beating on you, but it's still pretty humid. For those of us in the Deep South, we're used to it, but many of my northern friends still have a hard time in the evening.

mydisneygirls
03-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Thanks Chris. I guess if I know what I'm in for I won't be shocked when I'm there!!! Now that my girls are in high school, taking them during the summer is the only time to go now!

Strmchsr
03-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Honestly, in spite of the humidity I think night is the only way to do Disney in August. Get there for opening in the morning to beat the crowds, stay for a couple of hours and then get out of the parks between 1-5. Go take a nap or swim or something. Come back for supper and then the evening will be MUCH better than trying to do anything during the afternoon. Even for those of us used to it, it's just plain miserable during the afternoon.

CanadianWDWFan
03-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Honestly, in spite of the humidity I think night is the only way to do Disney in August. Get there for opening in the morning to beat the crowds, stay for a couple of hours and then get out of the parks between 1-5. Go take a nap or swim or something. Come back for supper and then the evening will be MUCH better than trying to do anything during the afternoon. Even for those of us used to it, it's just plain miserable during the afternoon.
:thumbsup:EXACTLY!!

This how we do summer at Disney World. We have done it every summer for the last 10 years this way. The afternoons are meant for relaxing by the pool.

Pally
03-14-2013, 08:42 PM
We went late August one year. We really didn't mind the humidity too much. One bonus going in late August is the crowds are lower so you don't have to wait too long in hot stuffy lines. We thought it was a great time to go.:mickey:

BrerGnat
03-15-2013, 08:59 AM
We're going to be at WDW the second week of August this year. I know it will be hot and humid, but it's hot and humid at home in VA, so what's the difference? :cool:

We will be doing 3 water park days and 4 park days. On our park days, we plan to not even enter the parks before late afternoon/evening. We will hang by the resort pool in the mornings/afternoons and save the parks for nighttime. We don't need more than a few hours in the parks anyway.

It's very enjoyable if you just time things right.

mydisneygirls
03-15-2013, 02:25 PM
I can relax by the pool....not problem!!! And thanks all as I didn't know crowds weren't too bad at the end of August.

bruin1344
03-16-2013, 12:41 PM

i agree on the mornings and nights