PDA

View Full Version : Pay for excursions?

Mendelson
03-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Does your cc get charged for your excursions on first day of cruise, last day, or somewhere in between? Thanks!

DizneyRox
03-14-2013, 12:25 PM
I believe it's on your folio. They don't charge until it happens (cancellations and such) , but I think it all gets settled at the end of the cruise.

MarkC
03-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Rox is correct-- it's on your final bill when you check out.

I'm not sure when and where you are going, but you may want to look into private tours. We are doing it on our trip to Europe on the Disney Magic in June. It's about 1/2 price. However, if something goes wrong on a Disney tour they will take care of you. If it's a private tour you are on your own. I have a friend who swears by private tours as you can do and see more for 1/2 the price. We're trying it, so you may want to at least look into it. Try trip advisor for top rated tour companies.

Mendelson
03-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks.

Yeah, we're doing a mix of private/DCL....the savings is great, but for various reasons we are doing two through the cruise.

Auroring Good Time
03-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Just note. We were on a cruise where the stop was cancelled due to inclement weather. Those who booked through the cruise line received a full refund. Those who booked private excursions may not have. I "winged it" on St. Thomas and walked off the ship and jumped on an island tour there. We had a great guide and a nice time.