PDA

View Full Version : Press Event in Late April - Will it Affect "Regular" Guests?

MPoppins
03-13-2013, 11:44 PM
I saw at another Disney discussion site :secret: that there will be a press event April 25th and 26th at WDW. Anyone have any idea as to how that will affect the regular Guests visiting at that time? Those will be the last two days of my family's trip and I'm hoping that areas of parks aren't closed or that parks close early for the event.:mad: Anyone know? Thanks.

Strmchsr
03-14-2013, 08:29 AM
It depends on what it is/where it is/when it is. Sometimes when they have press events it does briefly close off a small section of a certain park. It's usually not for more than an hour or two though. If whatever this report is turns out to be correct (always take anything you read that doesn't come directly from Disney with a huge grain of salt) I wouldn't worry about it having a big impact on your vacation.

MPoppins
03-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Thanks, Strmchsr. It is a legitimate event - not just a rumor. It's called "Monstrous Summer" and is supposed to be an event for announcements about DCL, the Mine Train, and...something else. I can't remember now.

CuteAsMinnie
03-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Thanks, Strmchsr. It is a legitimate event - not just a rumor. It's called "Monstrous Summer" and is supposed to be an event for announcements about DCL, the Mine Train, and...something else. I can't remember now.

"new for summer attractions"

Melanie
03-15-2013, 07:08 PM
In general, no it shouldn't affect your vacation in a major way. I've been to a few events, and only one or two of the 'events' took place in a theme park, and when that was the case, it was in the evening. Otherwise, we were at Wide World of Sports, or in the special event building (can't remember exact name right now :confused: ) between the UK and Canada in Epcot.