PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card Dining Reservations

sigmaqt95
03-13-2013, 10:37 AM
I know that this feature is fairly new. Do all reservations require a credit card? This just makes me so nervous with a 3 year old!

buzznwoodysmom
03-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Not all places require a CC hold. I think most, if not all, character meals require a CC. Also the more popular places will require it. I know for sure Ohana's is one of those non character meals that does require a CC to make the reservation.

I'm sure there must be a list somewhere indicating which restaurants require CC. Perhaps someone who knows will come along with that info.

Itchy
03-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Here is what I found on the WDW web site..

Some restaurants may charge a fee for cancellations or no shows. Each restaurant at Walt Disney World Resort maintains its own cancellation policy, so be sure to check the policy when you are making your reservation.

I think that you have a certain amount of time before you reservation that you need to contact them to cancel.

I know that when I made my reservation last year that if I used my credit card each restaurant had it own policy.

I have taken my grand daughter from age 1 to 4 to restaurants that I had to reserve with my credit card and she never became an issue. She seemed to really enjoy the experience.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

VAdizneefan
03-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Most (however there are a few differences) restaurants that require a credit card guarantee have a one full day cancellation policy. If you don't cancel more than one full day prior, you will be charged $10 per person.

There are notable exceptions like the dinner shows where you can lose the full amount of the reservations, others that have a two day cancellation policy, etc. Be sure to check the terms on each reservation you make.