PDA

View Full Version : Trip in Progress Report - Day 1

forever a child
03-12-2013, 08:49 PM
DD - 18 y.o. and on Spring Break from Cleveland, Ohio
Myself - currently living in Georgia

DD flew home and we left Georgia early Sunday morning for what was supposed to be about a 5 hour drive. Of course there was the time change and then an accident that re-routed us to the toll. I didn't get much sleep so I was not thinking as clear minded as I would have liked. So we arrived later than I had hoped. We had 9:50 am reservations at Crystal Palace at MK. Now I have to concede that am ressies are not a very good idea. We were hungry by the time we arrived but we were stressed to arrive on time and make our reservation. We didn't get to enjoy the entrance to MK and walking down Main Street because we were in such a hurry to get to CP. So lesson learned. :blush:

We had a great first day but were very tired from lack of sleep. We went to check out Fantasy Land after our breakfast. We rode the new ride Under The Sea twice. I really was disappointed with it. I found it pretty unmemorable and not necessarily something I would be dying to get on for future visits. I do love the detailed work for Fantasy Land. I really wished Tangled had more of a presence than toilets. Yes, the tower is beautiful but I would have liked to have seen a themed ride for her rather than another Little Mermaid themed ride/place, IMHO.

MK had EMH's until 3am. We went back to our room in Pop (which is when we checked in - around 3pm). We originally were assigned to the 90's but I asked to be moved to the 50's. The girl checking us in said they were at 100% capacity. (I had requested the 50's when we booked) She was able to change our room and we are only about 4 rooms down from where we were at during our May 2010 visit. We are in Room 3335 and can see A of A, Hour Glass Lake and the bridge is close by to walk to. It is so pretty here and this is really the only place I would want to stay at while staying at Pop.

We took an late afternoon nap (after leaving the resort for a short trip to find gas - we got lost and practically ran out on our way to the station). Then we returned to MK in hopes of closing the park...right! Well we watched Wishes, then we caught Celebrate the Magic, which is awesome by the way, then later Main Street Electrical Parade. Since we caught the later Parade it was really nice. We really enjoyed all three and hope to catch them all again before we leave.

So far Splash Mountain is closed. I thought it was supposed to be opened by now, so that is a disappointment. We finally saw the Presidents Hall for the first time. Wait times have varied. We pooped out and left around 12:30am. Buses have not been a packed as we have experienced in the past, which is good. Weight times have been reasonable. We had dinner at Peco Bills and that was pretty busy around 7pm. But the BBQ was great, as usual.

Going back to our room for sleep has been welcomed! Love being back in the world! :cloud9:

disney obsessed
03-12-2013, 09:25 PM
I love trip reports in the making!
Thanks.

faline
03-13-2013, 02:05 PM
What a long day to start your trip - no wonder you welcomed a chance to get some sleep!

emerzmom
03-13-2013, 07:39 PM
That first day can wear you out! Glad you are spending some time with your DD.
:tink:
Julie

vizsla
03-14-2013, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the report.

DisneyorBust
03-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Despite the changes in the start of your trip you seemed to get quite a bit accomplished, thanks for sharing.

January-2007
03-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks for reporting!

Tigerinvestigator
04-12-2013, 11:15 AM
I've experienced that "haze" when you are so tired you don't really enjoy everything as much and you aren't thinking clear. Hoping you get some needed rest to enjoy your vacation.:thumbsup: