PDA

View Full Version : WDW to Universal

mgmnut
03-11-2013, 11:16 PM
In August we are spending 8 days in WDW at OKW and then heading for 3 days in Universal Studios at The Royal Pacific.

My original thought was just to rent a car from the Car Care Center on our last day at Disney and drop off at MCO on our way back home after our stay at Universal. It will cost an additonal $18.00 per day on top of the car rental to park at The Royal Pacific from Fri afternoon through Monday at noon

We are taking ME from the airport to OKW on arrival day, but will need to get from OKW to Royal Pacific in the afternoon on our last day at Disney, and then to the airport from Royal Pacific on out last vacation day.

Is a car rental my best option or should I be looking into a shuttle service instead?

Has anyone used a shuttle between Disney and universal Resorts? Any recommendations?

hauntedmansiongirl
03-12-2013, 06:34 AM
How many of you are going? A cab may be the cheapest option if the number of people and luggage will fit.

Pirate Granny
03-12-2013, 07:47 AM
There were 4 of us. We took a cab from the Beach Club Villas to Universal hotel (royal something), and then a cab to the airport. $40 each way. We each had luggage.

RedSoxandPatsfan
03-12-2013, 12:46 PM
We did this opposite. Seven in our group and we used Intercot sponsor Quicksilver. They we're great and cheaper than Mears cabs.

tinksmom02
03-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Last August we did a cab from POP to Hard Rock (less than $40 with tip) and Quicksilver from Hard Rock to airport (a little more than the cab, but they were there exactly when I wanted them to be and the ride was much more comfortable!).

I wouldn't want to pay a daily parking fee, especially if you're not planning on using the rental while you're at Universal.

MargaretMessler
03-13-2013, 06:32 AM
Definitely go with a shuttle service of some kind, it's not worth the cost of the rental and parking to just let it sit until you're ready to go to the airport.

We've used Mears, they charge per person though, so that might end up being more than the cab ride. I am unfamiliar with the others mentioned (Quicksilver, etc.)

mgmnut
03-13-2013, 11:14 AM
How many of you are going? A cab may be the cheapest option if the number of people and luggage will fit.

There are 4 of us. DW, ME, DD and DS both 15 y/o.

I took a look on Quicksilvers Website. It looks like 4 in a towncar from OKW to Royal Pacific would be about $40.00 plus tip, and from RP to MCO would be about $60.00 plus tip.

What amounts would you plan to tip the drivers for a run like that?

I think the towncar plan seems more personal and comfortable than a taxi. Probably going with Quicksilver Towncar.

Thanks for all the feedback!!