PDA

View Full Version : Park Tickets through Priceline

mgmnut
03-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Has anyone ever purchased thier Theme Park tickets through Priceline?

I was just checking flight costs to MCO for August and Priceline shows I can add a 7 day Park hopper ticket for about $95.00 cheaper than if purchased through the Disney Site.

Does anyone know if you are mailed tickets in advance or if you pick them up somewhere after you arrive?

CleveRocks
03-31-2013, 10:27 PM
I just went onto the Priceline site to check out what you posted about. I see nearly identical prices between Disney and Priceline. My strong suspicion is that you weren't comparing exactly the same ticket. In other words, I strongly suspect you looked at a base ticket price on Priceline versus a ticket with some add-ons on the Disney site. This happens pretty often and pretty easily ... often, Disney's site will pre-select some add-ons for you and you have to opt out of them by clicking on something, whereas Priceline's site does the opposite in that it lists the base ticket and you'd have to click on something to add the add-ons.

Long story short, for the exact same type of ticket I'm seeing no more than about one dollar difference between the Disney site and the Priceline site.

Katzateer
04-01-2013, 08:39 AM
If I wasn't goingto get my tickets at Disney I would not get them anywhere else besides the ticket company in the sponsor section on Intercot. I have gotten tickets through them for 15 years plus and never had a problem.

I get the 10 day non- expiring hoppers and use them for several trips. They end up breaking down to about $55 a day. We don't go to the parks everyday so works out as a real bargain for us. It is expensive when I get them so I try to get one a year so I don't spend so much money at once.

And when we are leaving WDW I have Guest
Relations check how many days we have left and mark them with sharpies on the back. That way
when we use them a year or more later, I don't have any surprises. And I carry the receipt with
the tickets in case any problems come up ( so far, no problems).

The next trip in 3 weeks I will use my last days on a 4 year old ticket. Need to start saving for my next one!

mydisneygirls
04-02-2013, 11:11 AM
I have heard that you can save a little through AAA. Many people I know get there tickets there. Also, I thought Disney did away with the non-expiring option? It's not on the website anymore.

faline
04-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Also, I thought Disney did away with the non-expiring option? It's not on the website anymore.

My understanding is that it is still available upon request - at least for the moment.