PDA

View Full Version : Review of DTD's T-Rex

DisneyDawgette
03-10-2013, 11:28 PM
So this past weekend, the bilingual worship band that DBF plays for had the privilege to play in Leesburg, Florida! Now, as I was tagging along, I suggested that we all head to DTD one night for some fun, and they were all on board! Of course, trying to pick a place to eat is SO difficult as I was REALLY pulling for Raglan's (St.Patty's Day weekend was kicking off!), a few were pulling for Bongo's to keep with the Spanish theme of the weekend, and other's were sticking with RFC as an "old-faithful". Finally, once we found out that RFC had a fifty minute wait for lunch, I suggested T-Rex - same type of food, same type of atmosphere, and none of us had eaten there. The boys were thrilled at the thought of dining with lots of dinos, and I was excited to try some thing new! And can I just say WOW?! What an awesome experience.

Typically, I'm really funny about food. I love food and I love trying new types of food, so when we get to go to WDW I try to avoid standard American faire. But the food here was just as PHENOMENAL as the atmosphere! AND for our group of 8, the wait was only 15 minutes! Though, I must mention that the system of checking in outside where you check in first and then being herded to another line in what seems like no particular order was chaotic and stressful... But we were at DTD, so none of us really seemed to care. :)

The guy taking us to our seats was full of corny pre-historic jokes, and not so full on enthusiasm, but the wait staff seemed a little stressed so we didn't hold it against him- it was lunch time on a Saturday and this place is LOUD. I'd be a little edgy too! But we were seated in the "Ice Cave" and our group of 8 had plenty of room! Our waitress was fantastic- she had only been there a week and she did a great job! We appreciated her excitement and her conversation when she came to the table, and felt like she kept her cool WAY better with a large party than some other places have in the past.

We ordered the sampler appetizer which was enough for starving band-mates and myself, and each of us tried a few different things. At our table, the Guacosaurus Burger, Steak and Cheese Sandwich, and Paleo Chicken Sandwich were among the favorites! We all really enjoyed our meals (except for our fearless leader who was allergic to pork and accidentally ordered a burger with bacon on it--- the waitress was ready to bring her something else, but there was PLENTY for us to all share with her). :)

Basically, we will be returning to T-Rex. It's a little loud and the meteor shower is a little loudER, but it was an awesome experience. The food was great, our waitress was on-spot, and the atmosphere was super engaging! We 20-somethings were more than occupied by our surroundings, and had a blast! DBF has marked this as a return location once we buy our annual passes in August (which I just can't wait for!) and I can't help but agree! :thumbsup:

hauntedmansiongirl
03-11-2013, 01:33 AM
So glad that you had fun! We love the onion rings at T- Rex! Can't wait to go back!

Good luck with your band!

:drummer: :piano: :play:

BrerGnat
03-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Thanks for sharing your review! We had a very unexpectedly good experience there last year as well. It was a last minute "let's just eat here" decision and I was surprised by how good the entire experience was. We'd return here as well. :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
03-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Perhaps my family should give it another try. We last ate here back in 2009, the food was just OK, but it was so loud we all left with terrible headaches.

BrerGnat
03-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Perhaps my family should give it another try. We last ate here back in 2009, the food was just OK, but it was so loud we all left with terrible headaches.

It is loud. We had a seat sort of towards the front of the restaurant, closer to the bar area. It was not that loud in that spot, which I was grateful for. I would probably get a migraine if I had to eat in the meteor room, for example.

DisneyDawgette
03-11-2013, 11:42 AM
buzznwoodysmom : It was definitely loud, don't get me wrong, but I felt like it was controlled pretty nicely! And the food and service was wonderful- I didn't quite expect it to be! Another shot may be deserved if you decide to! :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
03-11-2013, 04:44 PM
I would probably get a migraine if I had to eat in the meteor room, for example.

Yep, that's the room we were in and we couldn't wait for the meal to be over. Even my kids, who are loud themselves, thought it was too loud and chaotic.

We've tried T-Rex twice and felt the same way both times. We weren't seated in the meteor room both times. I think we were near the restrooms once. Perhaps if either of the kids ask to eat there again I could request a different location. The seating closest to the bar didn't look too bad. It really is a cool place tho!

PETE FROM NYC
03-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Went once in 9/10. Don't remember where we sat. I just ain't a fan of loud anything, but found the noise level not too bad. We did enjoy our meal and hope to return next trip.

tinksmom02
03-12-2013, 10:59 PM
I just called and made ressies for our May trip--we were there right after it opened, I think, but not since. DD10 was so excited when I told her--I didn't realize she liked it that much!

BrerGnat
03-13-2013, 08:00 AM
Yep, that's the room we were in and we couldn't wait for the meal to be over. Even my kids, who are loud themselves, thought it was too loud and chaotic.

We've tried T-Rex twice and felt the same way both times. We weren't seated in the meteor room both times. I think we were near the restrooms once. Perhaps if either of the kids ask to eat there again I could request a different location. The seating closest to the bar didn't look too bad. It really is a cool place tho!

Denise, not sure if you are aware, but there is actually outdoor seating at TRex. There is a huge outdoor patio area in back. If you ask to sit there, they will oblige, weather permitting. Although, I guess that would take away the atmosphere aspect of the place. We were offered a seat out there immediately, but opted to wait for an indoor table because it was so hot and it was the middle of the day.