PDA

View Full Version : Annual Peeps Thread!

Melanie
03-10-2013, 08:33 AM
My hubby just sent me a link to an article (http://www.nbcnews.com/business/hot-chicks-60-peeps-more-popular-ever-1C8769122) about how Peeps are more popular than ever, and it reminded me to start our thread here in the Water Cooler.

I know Peeps have introduced year-round holiday variations, but my favorite and only time of year to enjoy them is Easter. :ebasket: I love the bunnies :bunny:, and I love them frozen or stale. I still can't get into the microwaved ones, although my son gets a kick out of watching them expand. :blowup:

So how do you like your Peeps, or do you think they are gross and head for the Cadbury eggs? :egg:

:easter:

Tink1
03-10-2013, 09:23 AM
I like peeps. I prefer the yellow chicks stale, not fresh, but only buy them at Easter as well.

I find Cadbury eggs gross.

Nanc

Melanie
03-10-2013, 09:25 AM
I find Cadbury eggs gross.

Me too, Nanc! Blech. :ack:

TinkerbellT421
03-10-2013, 09:48 AM
I had Cadbury eggs. The texture of the cream makes me :ack:

Time for dbf's moms awesome peeps cake! Mel you have to upload that pic! Lol

disney obsessed
03-10-2013, 10:10 AM
I love to hear you say you like stale peeps. I thought I was the only one. I think they got harder when I was a kid. They have probably 'improved' their ability to keep it fresh.

Our local paper is running a photo contest using peeps in scenes. Kinda funny. I should do a disney world one!

caryrae
03-10-2013, 10:15 AM
We were just at the Peeps store at the Mall of America yesterday. Didn't buy any peeps but the chocolate dipped strawberry creme ones looked good. If you have ever gone to the peeps website they have recipes that use peeps.

Tink1
03-10-2013, 12:32 PM
I love to hear you say you like stale peeps. I thought I was the only one. I think they got harder when I was a kid. They have probably 'improved' their ability to keep it fresh.

!

Yes! Last year I waited a really loong time for them to get sufficiently stale. Peeved me LOL

N

Melanie
03-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Just stick them in the freezer to achieve the stale affect, in a lot less time. ;)

kakn7294
03-10-2013, 02:08 PM
I've been waiting for the annual Peeps thread! I love mine stale. I've been through a package already and just bought new ones last night. I prefer the yellow bunnies - they get stale faster than the traditional Peep shape.

BrowncatP
03-10-2013, 03:34 PM
The Washington Post has a contest every year around Easter in which you use Peeps in a scene that is themed to whatever subject the paper has chosen that year. Most are very cute.

TheDuckRocks
03-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Easter is really on the way. It's offical now that the annual peeps thread is up and running. Thanks, Mel.
Last week the supermarket had a big old end dispaly of them and I sounded like Dory by muttering "Keep on walking, keep on walking......"
I'm bummed, this year as I heard there has been a recall from Zachary Chocolate company on their chocolate covered marshmellow eggs. Oh. no!

SBETigg
03-10-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm bummed, this year as I heard there has been a recall from Zachary Chocolate company on their chocolate covered marshmellow eggs. Oh. no!

Yes, I saw that! I love those. Anything marshmallow, so obviously I love Peeps (any way they come, fresh, stale...). But I want to find the chocolate covered Peeps. Sounds delicious. Especially since the chocolate marshmallow egg recall.

I like Cadbury caramel eggs. The regular ones don't gross me out, but they're too sweet for me. My biggest candy love at Easter, though, is jelly beans.

AgentC
03-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I am an equal opportunity Easter candy eater. :cloud9:

I loved Peeps, the traditional chickens, slightly stale any color. I also like Cadbury creme eggs but I can't eat more than one since they are so sweet. I really love the Cadbury caramel eggs. Caramel is one of my favorite candies.

My nosy Laurence is watching me write this post and requests to have his name appear in this post. So Laurence, Laurence, Laurence. :thumbsup: He'd like everyone to know that the best Easter candy is Reese's peanut butter eggs.

Sherri- We've had the chocolate covered Peeps. My daughter really likes them but I prefer the original.

Melanie
03-10-2013, 06:34 PM

:funny:

,My nosy Laurence is watching me write this post and requests to have his name appear in this post. So Laurence, Laurence, Laurence. :thumbsup: He'd like everyone to know that the best Easter candy is Reese's peanut butter eggs.

Laurence, I love your choice. They just melt in your mouth they are so good! I sometimes steal the ones from my son's baskets. :secret:

Hammer
03-10-2013, 06:50 PM
My nosy Laurence is watching me write this post and requests to have his name appear in this post. So Laurence, Laurence, Laurence. :thumbsup: He'd like everyone to know that the best Easter candy is Reese's peanut butter eggs.

Laurence, I love your choice. They just melt in your mouth they are so good! I sometimes steal the ones from my son's baskets. :secret:

Laurence, I agree with you 100%! I love Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs! I also love Mounds and Almond Joy Easter Eggs :tasty: . My all-time favorite Easter candy are the Dove chocolate truffle eggs, but I believe they aren't made anymore :cry: .

I've never been a fan of peeps or Cadbury creme eggs (though I like the caramel eggs).

Dopey's Girl
03-10-2013, 11:20 PM

I loved Peeps, the traditional chickens, slightly stale any color. I also like Cadbury creme eggs but I can't eat more than one since they are so sweet. I really love the Cadbury caramel eggs. Caramel is one of my favorite candies.

Sherri- We've had the chocolate covered Peeps. My daughter really likes them but I prefer the original.

I'm with Laurence, Laurence, Laurence. Reese's eggs are the best! Love them!!!

I was watching for you to start this thread Mel! Even though I hate peeps, this conversation makes me laugh each year!

Melanie
03-11-2013, 07:20 AM
Even though I hate peeps, this conversation makes me laugh each year!

Now why would it make you laugh, Meg? Peeps are a very serious topic of conversation.

Peep, peep, peep!

:D

TinkerbellT421
03-11-2013, 08:16 AM
The funniest story I know about to share about peeps, I forgot about until we talked to DBF's mom yesterday when It old her it was almost time for her Peep cake!

The first year she made the peep cake, she went to the store and couldn't find the peeps. Now picture a broken english Portuguese woman, she hunts down an employee and starts asking her where they keep the Tweets. The best part is the employee knew exactly what she was talking about, I'm not even sure I would have known if it were me lol.

Melanie
03-11-2013, 08:22 AM
The funniest story I know about to share about peeps, I forgot about until we talked to DBF's mom yesterday when It old her it was almost time for her Peep cake!

The first year she made the peep cake, she went to the store and couldn't find the peeps. Now picture a broken english Portuguese woman, she hunts down an employee and starts asking her where they keep the Tweets. The best part is the employee knew exactly what she was talking about, I'm not even sure I would have known if it were me lol.

Tonya, send me the pic again (since I'm off FB) and I'll get it posted.

TinkerbellT421
03-11-2013, 10:08 AM
I can't find it in the fb albums! Grrr! I will have to take another picture of it when she makes it! :(

Disney4us2
03-11-2013, 01:50 PM
I like them stale best, but will eat them fresh too. I like the bunnies better than the chicks. Go for the ears first.:bunny:

MNNHFLTX
03-11-2013, 04:22 PM
So how do you like your Peeps, or do you think they are gross and head for the Cadbury eggs? You know my answer to this this question, Mel! :ack:

Actually, there are not very many Easter goodies that I am a big fan of--definitely not Cadbury Eggs, jelly beans or even chocolate bunnies (unless they're peanut butter chocolate bunnies). I do like Sweettart eggs though.

Kenny1113
03-11-2013, 04:34 PM
So I thought of you all today.

I read this thread earlier today. I am not a fan of peeps, but my kids are. However at the store this afternoon I saw something called peepsters they are individually wrapped chocolate covered marshmallow cream. I purchased them for my kids. I will let you know the consensus.

DVC2004
03-11-2013, 04:35 PM
I like marshmallow, but I don't really like Peeps. I think it's the sugar coating on the outside that I don't like. I will eat them on occassion but everyone else in my house hates them, so I don't usually have access to any.

I love the cadbury mini eggs in the candy shell with the solid chocolate centers. The ones in the purple bag that are around the size of peanut M and M's. My mom ususally brings me a few bags of those when they are out and I don't like to share!

roses
03-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Now why would it make you laugh, Meg? Peeps are a very serious topic of conversation.

Peep, peep, peep!

:D

:haha:

No one in my family has ever liked peeps except for me - so guess what everyone always gives me? PEEPS! After all these years, I think I may finally be sick of them :( But I still buy them. I have to! It's not Easter without Peeps!

TheDuckRocks
03-16-2013, 11:23 PM
I just got my Food Network magazine and they have a couple page spread on Peeps and pictures of "art work"? people have done with them. I think it was pages 40 to 42.

Melanie
03-17-2013, 08:32 AM
It's not Easter without Peeps!

Exactly! peeppeep

:easter:

Ian
03-17-2013, 10:53 AM
And I will give the same response I do every year when this thread comes up ....

:ack::ack::ack::sick::ack::ack::ack:

Melanie
03-17-2013, 11:18 AM
And I will give the same response I do every year when this thread comes up ....

:ack::ack::ack::sick::ack::ack::ack:

Thanks for chirping in! :easter:

LVT
03-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Our house uses peeps along with a magnifying glass and the sun. Modern American fire starters.:secret:

Melanie
03-19-2013, 09:16 PM
OMG - have you all seen the "Bubba"-like Peeps commercial?

See it here! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cIKBnKPchUY)

Peepshi! :funny: :sumo:

MadMadamMim
03-20-2013, 10:57 AM
I work two minutes away from the Just Born factory. They have the "peep-mobile" that's a yellow VW bug with a big yellow peep on top that sits outside. It's super adorable.

IwannabeinNarnia
03-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Peeps were my grandma's favorite candy. So I eat them in her memory every year! I do LOVE LOVE LOVE the chocolate covered ones! they also have the chicks that have just their bottoms dipped in chocolate.. those are pretty good too. I did have some halloween peeps that I forgot about in my pantry.. and well.. I found them the other day and they were beyond the yummy edible stale.. they were GROSS stale.. so they can get too old and stale.