PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mtn: Yes or no?

septembergirl
03-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Hello:
I am traveling with my mother this spring to WDW. I am not a huge thrill ride fan and neither is my DD9, who's also coming. BUT, we do enjoy Splash Mtn. and I believe my mother would love it as the Brer Rabbit books were among our faves that she read to my bro and me as kids. She has high blood pressure and diabetes. I wonder if I should even suggest this ride or skip it altogether. I'm fine with skipping but I would love her to experience it if she could. Any advice with regard to high blood pressure and Splash Mtn?

:thanks:

Zippy 1
03-10-2013, 03:54 AM
I have controlled high blood pressure and ride Splash Mountain every time we go. I think it is a blast. But go on how our mom feels about it

The Horned King
03-10-2013, 05:16 AM
As said above go on feeling. However for the most part it is very gentle and very detailed. And quite a catchy tune to boot! :blush:

Disnini
03-10-2013, 08:53 AM
I have controlled high blood pressure and Splash Mountain is a must do for me every trip to WDW. One of my family members chooses not to ride SM due to a fear of heights.

septembergirl
03-11-2013, 02:52 AM
Thank you so much for the replies! Very helpful.:thumbsup:

Itchy
03-11-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't know that her blood pressure would be an issue but some folks just do not like the roller coaster type drop. You could always have her watch the logs making their drop before you commit to the ride.

I wish they had a soft version so you could enjoy the show inside with out the drop. Right now you would drag my lady friend kicking and screaming to ride. In short there is no way she will ride it.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Pirate Granny
03-17-2013, 04:16 PM
I don't have a blood pressure issue, but am fearful of the drop...I know I can hear my heart in my ears as we are going up for that final drop...ugh...I avoid that, ToT and RRC for those reasons.... BUT love Everest...go figure...let mom watch the drop and let her make her own decision...I knew from the start I wouldn't like them ...but needed to do if kids needed an adult to go...and now the DGK can go with their own Parents or Papa...I'll wait patiently in the rocker in the store that is outside the ride...and next to the "splash":cloud9:

septembergirl
03-22-2013, 02:12 AM
I don't know that her blood pressure would be an issue but some folks just do not like the roller coaster type drop. You could always have her watch the logs making their drop before you commit to the ride.

I wish they had a soft version so you could enjoy the show inside with out the drop. Right now you would drag my lady friend kicking and screaming to ride. In short there is no way she will ride it.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

That would be great if they had that option, especially since Song of the South is mostly known by a more mature guest. The only reason my kids know it is WDW but they don't really get the story of Brer Rabbit, etc.

Cinderelley
08-28-2013, 09:49 AM
I would ask her doctor first, but if her hypertension is under control, he'll probably say yes.