PDA

View Full Version : Writers Stop in HS

Mitzie
03-09-2013, 06:11 PM
I have seen this spot mentioned for some yummy baked goods or a quick breakfast. Does it still exist? If so where exactly in HS is it located?

faline
03-09-2013, 06:20 PM
I thought I had read about something changing at this spot. It's located near the Sci-Fi restaurant.

Maleficent's Dad
03-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Yes it still exists! We were there 2 weeks ago. They don't have anything elaborate. It's more like cookies (carrot cake "cookie" w/ cream cheese filling) and cookies, some croissants, coffee and sodas. I wouldn't eat breakfast or lunch there, but it's a nice place for a snack.

As Faline stated, it's adjacent to Sci-Fi Dine In.

Crow
03-09-2013, 10:01 PM
i stopped there last trip twice. coffee ok. had a carrot cake whoopie pie thing that was ok, the 2nd thing i had wasnt as good .if i remember it was sugar cookie

kakn7294
03-10-2013, 02:15 PM
It's generally a fairly quiet location. Everything we've every had was pretty good. Last time we were there last summer, it was simple baked goods - cookies, brownies, cupcakes, and specialty cookie treats, soft drinks, coffee, and tea. The staff in there was really friendly and chatty!

AvonleaCF
03-11-2013, 12:08 PM
This is my favorite "unknown" spot at HS! I get their frozen mocha 2-3 times per trip. Just a nice, quiet, cool place to take a break. And the carrot cake cookie is amazing! It's easy to miss though; tucked into a corner near Sci-Fi. I found it by accident several years ago and look forward to stopping in each trip.

Mitzie
03-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the replies. DH idea of breakfast more often then not is a Mickey ice cream bar. I myself like something baked. I was able to finally find the spot on the Disney dining page under the map..it shows it to be a shopping spot though..I was interested in stopping by here for something one would eat for breakfast..coffee and a danish that kind of thing..would this spot work?

faline
03-11-2013, 02:40 PM
It is also a shop - sells a variety of books and some other things. Has a few stools by the window and some comfy sort of chairs in the center of the room. There are also bakery items. I've done breakfast here a few times - a cup of coffee and a pastry of some sort.

Mitzie
03-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Also thinking of a place in future world in Epcot that would also serve grab n go coffee and baked goods...is there a good spot for that?

Katzateer
03-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Also thinking of a place in future world in Epcot that would also serve grab n go coffee and baked goods...is there a good spot for that?

If you are looking at EPCOT I would go to France since it opens early and I don't think you will find anything to match the wonderful choices!

Mitzie
03-12-2013, 08:44 AM
If you are looking at EPCOT I would go to France since it opens early and I don't think you will find anything to match the wonderful choices!

I thought of that, but was trying to avoid the walk back there since we will want to hit things like Soarin and TT when we first get in the park.

dreaming of wdw
03-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Lots of yummy baked goods at Sunshine Seasons in The Land and you'd be right outside Soarin ;)

Mitzie
03-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Lots of yummy baked goods at Sunshine Seasons in The Land and you'd be right outside Soarin ;)

Perfect! I have been looking at menus but all I could nail down were things like breakfast platters..eggs, tators that kind of thing.