PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Disney Trip

jillluvsdisney
03-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Hello everybody.

I got home earlier this week from a 6 night stay at Carribean Beach Resort. We had a handicapped room with a water view. We were practically ontop of Old Port Royal. We could see Illuminations from the beach right outside our room. Awesome location. I cannot give enough love and shout outs to Magical Journeys.

We hit EPCOT twice and MK for a day. FP for Soarin and single rider line at Test Track worked well. I liked the updated version of TT. It needed some freshening up. The topiaries around EPCOT were awesome. We were there right before the start of the F&G Festival. My favorite were the Beauty and Beast ones in France. MK was busy. New Fantasyland was just crazy crowded. We tried to go to BOG for lunch but the wait at 130 pm was 90 minutes.:(
We watched MSEP from our favorite perch on Tony's porch. For the 1rst time in awhile, we took the bus to MK. My mom had no problems stepping on and off and I was able to go rent a wheelchair and bring it out to her by the ferry dock where she sat down. I also wheeled her to bus stop after the parade and had no issues.
This was so much less of a hassle than parking.

Cast members were wonderful!!:number1: @ men in a golf cart helped us and took our bags to our room from the parking lot. So kind. On Main St and in Germany, I was asked if I was having a good time and where I was visiting from.
At the CBR food court, my Dad lost our mug and I must have hit the jackpot becasue we were given another one for free.

We ate 3 TS meals. Raglan Road, Biergarten and Teppen Edo. We were seated on time at each and sat with very nice table mates at BG and TE. Both times, we sat with fellow Badgers.:mickey: The food at all three meals was outstanding. Chicken and mushroom pie at RR and the pork roast at BG were awesome. They also have pretzle rolls at BG.

CS meals were at Pinnochio Haus, Seasons and Cosmic Rays. Seasons was wonderful as always. The real surprise wass how good PH and CR were. Flatbread pizza, roast chicken and ribs. All tasty. A castmember at PH even carried my tray for me when I was with my mother.

We went to a Braves spring training game. That facility is wonderful. I was so impressed. All castmembers were fantastic and seemed happy you were there. They were all helpful with my Mom also. Goofy threw out the 1rst pitch.

Can't wait to go back. I'm thinking after Thanksgiving and either POP or CBR.

faline
03-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Glad to hear you had such a wonderful trip!

LVT
03-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Thank you for the lovely report.

VWL Mom
03-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Sounds like a great trip, thanks for sharing.

dtootsie42
03-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Thanks so much for sharing! Sounds like it was a terrific trip.

Melanie
03-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip!

I agree with you on Pinocchio Haus. We really enjoyed the flatbreads they have there now.

Thanks for reporting! :thumbsup:

hauntedmansiongirl
03-11-2013, 01:34 AM
We had a great time at CBR last year! Thanks for your report! :mickey:

Disneywarrior
03-11-2013, 02:50 PM
I enjoyed your report! Thanks!

January-2007
03-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!