PDA

View Full Version : When in April to go?

andrew&ryansmommy
03-08-2013, 04:27 PM
We would like to possibly head down sometime in April. With Easter and spring breaks being early this year, can you suggest a week that may be good to go? Was hoping for something middle of the month..Thanks!

Strmchsr
03-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Middle to late month will be okay. Anything past the first 2 weeks. It's still busy in late April and May, but not horrible. The really big crowds don't start hitting until mid June.

Katzateer
03-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Middle to late month will be okay. Anything past the first 2 weeks. It's still busy in late April and May, but not horrible. The really big crowds don't start hitting until mid June.

:thumbsup: agree! I have been going around the last 2 weeks of April and it has been great! My favorite time of year to go ( my second favorite time of year is the first week of December).

MinnieMal
03-10-2013, 11:48 AM
We typically head down middle to end of April to coincide with school schedule. Crowds have occasionally been large, but that happens if Easter falls into that time. Since Easter is earlier this year, crowds will be a little lighter.

What we like - the weather is typically nice, lots of sunshine but not too hot; parks are often open late into the evenings (of course, that coincides with high attendance), and alot of beautiful flowers, including the Flower & Garden show at Epcot. March and April are high 'spring break' times in general, which might not be an issue if you do happen to aim for early May.

SBETigg
03-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Much of the Northeast has school spring breaks on the third week of April, regardless of where Easter falls, but we've been during that week, when it's not an Easter week, and it's not super busy, very manageable. Great weather. Still, I would probably choose the 2nd or 4th week of April this year instead of the more common school break 3rd week.

hauntedmansiongirl
03-11-2013, 01:26 AM
As long as you avoid Easter, it will be busy but manageable! We are going April 7-21 and crowds are generally predicted to be 5-6/10. We went last year around the same time and it was steady but not crazy!

Have a great time! :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
03-11-2013, 10:03 AM
I have been down the last few years at the end of the month, and really love it. Crowds are not horrible, weather is great, and Flower and Garden is in bloom. Love April!

bruin1344
03-11-2013, 02:46 PM
MA schools typically have one of the last full weeks of April off but the crowds are still manageable and the weather is beautiful.