PDA

View Full Version : Captain's Grille Review

DisneyFan1979
03-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm starting to feel like the Captain's Grille is rather underrated. Last week was the second time I've eaten there (the other being Christmas Eve 2011) and was quite impressed with both the food and the service. We celebrated my dad's birthday there: my dad had the braised short ribs and my mom and I both had the chicken. My mom is on a plain diet at the moment and when I asked about the vinaigrette served with the chicken, the waitress without prompting suggested they prepare the chicken for her simply with a baked potato and baby carrots. My mom was so pleased. As we were staying at the Beach Club we received a complimentary dessert of French macarons made at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and a chocolate concoction with a birthday candle for my dad.
Having recently had what are considered to be the best French macarons at Laduree in Paris, the macarons compared very favorably--they were delicious!
I really think the Captain's Grille is a great spot for a quiet and relaxing dinner outside the theme parks.

BrerGnat
03-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Totally agree. We had a wonderful breakfast here on our last morning of our last trip. Will definitely be returning for more meals in the future!

missymouseworld
03-07-2013, 04:11 PM
We also ate dinner at the Captain's Grille and had the breakfast buffet when we stayed at the BC..... and it was really good!!! We celebrated our son's birthday on the day we had breakfast, and they had a bouquet of balloons delivered to his chair and the service was great.