PDA

View Full Version : The Dream

NJGIRL
03-06-2013, 01:32 PM
We have been on two Wonder cruises, but in October we are going on the Dream. Disney's cruise web site is just as poor as their theme park web site soI have a few questions for those of you that have been on the Dream before.

On their web site the only onboard activity they list for the Dream is the show Believe. Is there a movie theater too? Do they have any family games like BINGO or trivia?

The web site also only shows the three main dining rooms, without any quick service opinions like pizza by the pool, or hot dogs on the lido deck (lol...I always wantedto say that).
What quick service options does the Dream have.

My last question is on the dress code. On our last two Disney cruises we followed the dress code. We took dress cloths and lugged three pairs of man size dress shoes with us. In the dining room each night I saw men in shorts and sandels. Here is my thing, I am not bringing the dress shoes with us this time. They take up too much room and add too much weight to the luggage. My husband and the boys will be wearing sneakers to dinner this time around. Has anyone else ever done that.

MAR,MAY,AUG,OCT,NOV

WILDERNESS LDG
ANIMAL KINGDOM
HARD ROCK
ROYAL PACIFIC
CORONADO SPRINGS

04,08,13 CRUISE

Rita (aka NJGIRL)
INTERCOT Staff:
Disney Vacation Planning
Vacations Outside Florida
FL Attractions
Universal Orlando

DizneyRox
03-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Yes to all...

We don't dress up anymore on cruises. For the same reasons, taking all those clothes is too much, and 1/2 the dining room guests don't follow it either.

Stay away from tank tops and flip flops and you'll be fine.

Some cruise line DO enforce a dress code. Disney is not one of them. They even list it as such, using words like Optional and Recommended.

Basket Mommy
03-06-2013, 02:49 PM
There are quick service options near the pool. It's called Flo's or something like that (reference to Cars). There are sandwiches (turkey, veggie, etc.) and wraps with fries or chips, pizza, chicken nuggets and burgers/hot dogs. There are drink stations near the pool as well.

There are tons of family games. We did the Disney trivia game one night. Lots of fun.

My boys wore khaki shorts to dinner. Their footwear was sneakers or Sperrys, if I remember correctly. My husband wore the same slip on shoes he wears to work. My girls and I dressed in sundresses & sandals. I enjoyed getting dressed for dinner and was disappointed to see people in t-shirts, shorts and flip flops going into dinner. We're going on a 7-day on the Fantasy in June (our Dream trip was 5 days). This time we have "formal" night. While we won't be doing the tux thing, my boys do want to wear ties (our church is casual, so we don't even dress up for that - and we rarely go anywhere dressy. I think that's why they want to dress up a little!)

BrerGnat
03-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Rita, not to disparage ICOT, but there is a TON of information online about the Dream. Just do a basic Google search. But, in short, YES to all your questions. You will find no shortage of places to eat or things to do onboard. There is a huge movie theater, mini golf, shuffleboard, bingo, trivia, golf simulator, the Aquaduck water slide, senses Spa, fitness center, and lots of daily activities. There is a show every night, not just Believe. There is also Golden Mickeys and Villains Tonight. Then, there is Pirate Night which is tons of fun!

There is food available 24/7 from room service. Flo's is the quick serve pool CS place. There is a smoothie bar (upcharge), the Cove Cafe for specialty coffee (upcharge for coffee, but free desserts available). Cabanas is the buffet, open daily for breakfast and lunch and becomes a casual dinner option most nights(table service). There is also Palo and Remy (upcharge for both).

NJGIRL
03-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks Everyone!!!

The Disney website only gave detailed info on the Wonder and the Magic (I think). We have already seen the Golden Mickeys (twice) and Villians. I don't think the boys will want to see Believe, but I know they will enjoy going to the movies or maybe doing the trivia games.

BTW...I can't wait to get on the AquaDuck myself! :thumbsup:

As far as dinner, after your input, I have decided to bring one pair of casual pants for each of the three boys (they always go right back to the room after dinner and change before doing anything else anyway), three button shirts for each, and whatever shoes they wear on the airplane (which will probably be sneakers).

BrerGnat
03-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks Everyone!!!

The Disney website only gave detailed info on the Wonder and the Magic (I think). We have already seen the Golden Mickeys (twice) and Villians. I don't think the boys will want to see Believe, but I know they will enjoy going to the movies or maybe doing the trivia games.

BTW...I can't wait to get on the AquaDuck myself! :thumbsup:

As far as dinner, after your input, I have decided to bring one pair of casual pants for each of the three boys (they always go right back to the room after dinner and change before doing anything else anyway), three button shirts for each, and whatever shoes they wear on the airplane (which will probably be sneakers).

Believe is actually a pretty good show. My 2 boys enjoyed it. They are younger by a lot (7 and 5 at the time) but it was entertaining. Good musical productions. It's the "signature" show on the Dream. I would highly recommend you all see it. If it's not your boy's cup of tea, they can always leave (find a seat towards the back, near the aisle just in case).

Good call on the clothing. That's what we brought for our boys and they were very comfortable. I found some $10 "uniform" khakis from OldNavy online and some cheap $7-10 button down shirts from there also. Even got them each a pair of loafer type shoes for $10 each pair! They looked great at dinner every night...better than many other kids. ;)

Sneakers for the kids is acceptable, as long as they are clean and not falling apart.

NJGIRL
03-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Believe is actually a pretty good show. My 2 boys enjoyed it. They are younger by a lot (7 and 5 at the time) but it was entertaining. Good musical productions. It's the "signature" show on the Dream. I would highly recommend you all see it. If it's not your boy's cup of tea, they can always leave (find a seat towards the back, near the aisle just in case).

Good call on the clothing. That's what we brought for our boys and they were very comfortable. I found some $10 "uniform" khakis from OldNavy online and some cheap $7-10 button down shirts from there also. Even got them each a pair of loafer type shoes for $10 each pair! They looked great at dinner every night...better than many other kids. ;)

Sneakers for the kids is acceptable, as long as they are clean and not falling apart.

Thanks Natile! My son is 15 and not really into Disney shows so I am going to let him skip it. My husband, parents, and I may go to see it.
My son goes to private school so we already have the khakis, plus he plays golf so he has plenty of golf shirts. We are all set with his clothing but I am letting the kids wear sneakers instead of packing any shoes for them. I think I am even going to let my husband wear sneakers. :D