PDA

View Full Version : Dinner Reservations + 1

pokeyw
03-05-2013, 10:27 AM
My family of 4 plus Grandpap have planned a trip the week after Easter. It now seems that Nana would like to join as well. I have made all of my reservations for 5 people. Would it be best to leave them as is and just notify upon check in that we have a +1 or try to change all the ressies before we leave. I am just fearful of losing our existing reservations but also think that if we can fit a table for 5 then it should accommodate 6? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
03-05-2013, 10:47 AM
We ended up with an extra person on our ressies last month. I was able to change all but one of our ADRs. I couldn't change Chef Mickey's from a party of 10 to a party of 11. When we checked in we told them we were 11 instead of 10 and they were able to accomodate us.

I really think it depends on the number in your party and the location. It wasn't difficult to add one more person to a party of 10, so in our case it wasn't a big deal. I would definitely try to change as many of them as possible in your case. Just to be on the safe side.

SBETigg
03-05-2013, 11:29 AM
You should try to change it now, but I can't imagine you will have much trouble adding one to a party of five. If you have trouble adding one to ADRs now, just do it there in person. But I usually feel less stressed if I have everything sorted out in advance, and who needs stress on vacation?

Jen1984
03-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Chances are that you'll be fine in most cases as you've booked for 5 people- as it's an odd number you'd usually be given a table that sits 6 anyway. If you had booked for 4 people and were upgrading to 5 it would probably be more of an issue. However, to if you're a worrier might be better to try to alter in advance!

MyDisneyworld
03-08-2013, 08:26 AM
We had this same thing happen on our past trip and couldn't get it changed when we called. We just showed up with the extra person and they said no problem.
Good luck.