PDA

View Full Version : Visiting AoA from Pop?

CaityBee
03-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Currently in the planning stages of our trip in October. Taking my good friend and her 2yo - just about 3yo when we actually go - daughter(my godbaby!) :mickey: :sulley:

I just can't seem to settle on where to stay. AoA (in standard Little Mermaid rooms) or Pop. Or maybe even try the Royal rooms at POR.

Personally, I would love to give the Royal Rooms a shot because I've never stayed at a moderate resort and the rooms are just so...pretty! BUT I know that the little one would enjoy AoA the most. The problem is that we can't afford a family suite and the standard rooms aren't ever eligible for any discounts or promotion :( I'm thinking about getting a room @ Pop so that we can can take advantage of whatever deal Disney may offer. And maybe then we can wander over to AoA. But would we be able to use the pools? (I'm thinking probably not, huh?)

Any insight or suggestions would be helpful! Pro and cons of the resorts? Thank you!

E-OR
03-04-2013, 10:23 AM
We have stayed at Pop twice and plan to stay here again this next week and also in September. When we were staying at Pop last September we did eat twice at AoA and took a tour. It is a really nice new resort but will probably not offer any discounts for a while. Also the Little Mermaid rooms are quite a walk from the main building and food court if that is a concern to you with little ones. Pop is just a short lovely walk across a bridge from AoA. You can stay at pop in a preferred room and walk across to eat at AoA but you can't use their pools. The kids would love the main pool at AoA if you end up there. It has wonderful icons with Nemo etc.. I can't comment about POR rooms but we do love POFQ and have always wanted to stay at POR.

Itchy
03-04-2013, 11:03 AM
We were at POP last Sept and walked over to AOA. It was really cool and we took a lot of pictures. As far as the pool to get access you must have your room key they issue to gain access. The pool was really nice and we thought we might have a drink at the pool bar, but alas we could not get close to it as it is inside the pool area and our room key would not work.

We thought we might like to stay there next time but the standard rooms are ( in my opinion ) really a long way from the food court.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

brownie
03-04-2013, 12:28 PM
If you stay at Pop Century, you'd be able to visit Art of Animation but you wouldn't be able to use the pools

CaityBee
03-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the input! :thumbsup:

I've been to Pop and I love it. BUT I think I will book at AoA this time. I'm pretty sure my goddaughter will enjoy that one the most.

Just one last question, if I book at AoA and Disney offers a promotion and I want to switch to say, the Royal Room @ POR, how easy is it to do that?