PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise Rental Car?

minnie-mouse
03-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Has anyone used the Enterprise rental car place in Orlando Intl Airport before? I just booked them for our May trip and the price was $400 less (for 8 day rental) than I was quoted from National Car rental a few months ago. I was a bit weary of why that is? Are they reliable?

mgmnut
03-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Can't recall if I ever used Enterprise from MCO but in general I think Enterprise is reliable. I have used them a few times in the past in other areas with no issues.

Itchy
03-04-2013, 11:11 AM
I have used Enterprise quite a few times and never had any issues with them. I used them at MCO in 1999 and even then the process was quick and easy.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Fangorn
03-04-2013, 03:16 PM
FYI - Enterprise, National and Alamo are sister companies and all owned by the same holding company.

They all have slightly different business models (target customer base is different) but all three are mainstream rental companies and I've always had good experiences with them.

Steve

MargaretMessler
03-04-2013, 03:38 PM
I have used Enterprise extensively at home, but not in Orlando. I have never had a problem with them, their service or the quality of their cars.

I found my best deal for May with Enterprise through a Costco member discount too, cheaper than Dollar Rental, which was shocking to me. I'm hoping the prices come down as my September trip gets closer so I can book with them again.

minnie-mouse
03-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Thanks. I was worried because the quote from Enterprise for a full size vehicle was so low. Does $196 sound right for 8 days in May? I originally got quoted $650 from National Car Rental for a standard size car for 8 days? So I didn't know why Enterprise was so much lower. I know Enterprise says (taxes and other fees will apply). How much does that usually end up being?

MargaretMessler
03-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Thanks. I was worried because the quote from Enterprise for a full size vehicle was so low. Does $196 sound right for 8 days in May? I originally got quoted $650 from National Car Rental for a standard size car for 8 days? So I didn't know why Enterprise was so much lower. I know Enterprise says (taxes and other fees will apply). How much does that usually end up being?

My total quote (with a Costco discount) was $193 for an intermediate vehicle (with free one class upgrade & free extra driver) for 7+ days in May. $59 of that was taxes and fees. So your $196 pre discounts/taxes sounds about right to me.

minnie-mouse
03-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Great. Thanks for letting me know about Enterprise Margaret. Had I not read your post I probably would have stuck with Natl. Oh, DH thanks you too! :thumbsup: