PDA

View Full Version : Concierge at Beach Club or regular room at Poly?

TongaToast
03-04-2013, 09:05 AM
If given the choice between the two what would everyone do?

RavsRuleDisney!
03-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Ok, have never done concierge yet (though I've poked around a few of them - you know, research and all :secret:) but have stayed at both resorts. POLY is a personal fave of ours from the overall theming, dining options, pool, monorail, etc. BC is also a great place to stay with it's theme-park style pool, nautical theming, proximity to Epcot/Hollywood/Boardwalk areas, numerous dining choices....

Honestly u are in good shape either way. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-04-2013, 11:16 AM
I've stayed at both and I think it depends on your personal preference. Club level is a nice perk, but the Beach Club is just not my vibe. I would choose the Poly over Beach Club any day, even without club level. I love all the monorail resorts and that area is my preference, feels more like home to me.

BrerGnat
03-04-2013, 11:39 AM
The Poly is undergoing a major rehab soon. I might choose the Poly AFTER that is done. However, at the current time, BC. No contest.

ThanxForNoticin
03-04-2013, 01:17 PM
I don't think the "Club Level" is much of a factor in this decision. These are 2 of our favorite resorts, and it's more a matter of where you want to be located. Very easy access to MK/EPCOT, or stay within walking/boating distance of EPCOT and DHS?? The pool at the Beach Club is much better than Poly, too - if you plan to spend time there.

You don't have a bad decision, though!

Tygger7
03-04-2013, 01:23 PM
I recently encountered a similar dilemma...regular Poly room or concierege at WL. We finally settled on the Poly...I looked at the room refurb schedule and it shouldn't impact us. There were some other rumors about construction, but it doesn't appear that anything major (such as DVC) will be happening this year. Ultimately, the larger room size won out for us. We love watching the electric light parade, and being able to see the fireworks from the beach were major advantages too. We seriously considred CL at BC, but the odd room layouts and balcony situations made us nervous. We just figured the Poly was a much safer bet, and I've always wanted to stay there since I first started going to WDW.

You didn't mention when you were thinking of staying there, but the time of year could definitely sway my opinion even more. If it were during the Food & Wine Festival, BC would be a much greater draw. During the summer or extremely busy times, I would lean more towards the Poly.

But whatever you choose, I think you'll be happy. Both are great resorts and each have their own advantages and disadvantages. You just have to look at what will work best for your family on a given trip.

Good luck!!

southerngirl
03-08-2013, 02:07 PM
I've stayed at both and would far prefer the CL at the BC. Yes, the rooms at the Poly are bigger, but I was just down there earlier this week, and they are doing tons of construction at the Poly. By contrast, we stayed at the BC on CL in January, and it was by far the best CL experience we've had at Disney (and we've stayed CL at the Poly and GF numerous times). The rooms were standard size for the deluxes, which means they were smaller than the Poly, and I wasn't overwhelmed by the decor, but the service in the CL was outstanding. The staff were great (they even changed around some ADRs for me at the very last minute without batting an eye), and we loved being able to get drinks and snacks whenever we wanted. The breakfast and appetizer offerings were substantial enough for us for meals, too. Plus, the pool at the BC is really amazing, and I loved being 5 minutes from the International Gateway and all of the dining options in the Boardwalk area. I say BC club level all the way!