PDA

View Full Version : chances of getting BOG?

mousetrapper
03-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Well, this time around we booked much closer to our trip than we normally do - about 90 days out. Of course, there's nothing available at BOG and it's the one restaurant we were hoping for.

I've always been able to get what I want because I start dialing exactly 180 days out, but that wasn't an option this year.

Any pros out there have tips on how to snag ADRs? I've heard I should call about 45 days out and every day in the few weeks before my trip to see if there are any cancellations, and then two days before, but I'm a bit confused and wonder if it's worth it.

Any tips?

Pirate Granny
03-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Worse case...go for lunch...be in line by 1 pm.

beksy
03-04-2013, 01:27 AM
I just keep trying and trying and trying...of course I love planning so this makes me feel like I'm still planning :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-04-2013, 08:09 AM
It is always worth trying, but BOG is the "hard to get" place right now.

It really reminds me of a few years ago at CRT, where you had to be on the phone the MOMENT the phone lines opened to get an ADR.

However, since BOG is one of the restuarants that require a credit card guarantee, it is somewhere that people will cancel.

The general thoughts are to try every little while, but really at 45 days out, since that is when packages are due and some people will cancel when they don't have the $$ for the trip. Same with a day or two ahead, since that is when the no-show charges kick in.

The best news with BOG, is that if you can't get dinner, you can go for lunch (which some say is better), and still enjoy the lovely interior.

Good Luck!

VWL Mom
03-04-2013, 09:02 AM
If you're like us and don't mind eating late there have been openings popping up for our August trip at 9P. People may be booking and then realizing they'd miss the parade and fireworks so they're canceling.

mousetrapper
03-06-2013, 03:59 PM
All great advice! Until I have all my ADRs locked in, I'm antsy!

:blush:

faline
03-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Keep checking. When I called, the cast member practically laughed at me - said it was all sold out but she would check. Came back and said, she was sorry but she had looked at every night we were there for an upcoming trip. A few days later, I tried on-line dining just for ha-has. Not only could I get reservations but reservations were available on several different days for my trip. I didn't like the available times on the first date I checked. I checked another and found acceptable times but did not book. I went to my first choice date and didn't like the choices so went back and booked for the acceptable time on the second date I checked.

mousetrapper
03-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Wow that's amazing! I will keep trying, both on the website and phone.

One question: is lunch quick service i.e. no ADRs required?

VWL Mom
03-08-2013, 06:26 AM

Yes, no ADRs required. :mickey:

faline
03-08-2013, 08:44 AM

Yes. When the cast member I spoke with told me nothing was availabe, she also suggested I could easily stop in for lunch instead of dinner.

mousetrapper
03-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Aha! That's what I thought but just wanted to be sure. :mickey: