PDA

View Full Version : New Dining Experiences!

almeg
03-02-2013, 11:44 AM
My family and I will be going to Disney at the end of May--5 of us plus my grandmother. My parents decided to change up our Disney routine and let the kids plan the trip this time around. (I am 20 and away at college and my two younger sisters are 16 and 13) Needless to say, planning this trip has been a welcomed stress reliever and gives me something to look forward to at the end of the semester. :mickey:

Anyway, we will be in Disney for 7 days and are using the DDP, so we have the option to try a lot of different restaurants-- I just don't know which ones are really worth trying!! I've already made ADR's for our every trip "must-do's" at Biergarten, Rainforest Cafe, and 50's Prime Time. My sisters and I really want to expand our experiences this trip. We would like to have at least one really nice dinner, but for the rest we just want to feel like we are at Disney--so ambiance is everything!

What are some of the restaurants we should consider trying?

Itchy
03-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Here are some of our favorites.

The Wave

Raglan Road

Tutto Italia

Teppan Edo

Boatwright

Hope these help.. Happy Planning..:mickey:

SBETigg
03-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge- if you're lucky, you'll get a window view of the animals outside.

Kouzzina- Good food, festive atmosphere.

Raglan Road - Irish music and dancing later in the evening.

Grand Floridian Cafe- one of the better bets for a good meal, finer dining atmosphere for 1 ts credit on the DDP.

'Ohana- Family fun.

Around World Showcase,
Teppan Edo/Tokyo Dining, Chefs de France, Rose & Crown, Hacienda de San Angel

Worth spending two credits for a special meal:
Narcoossee's
Citricos
Jiko
Flying Fish
California Grill (but I think still closed for refurb then).

ANG
03-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Our favorites are Ohana and Chef Mickey's.

Fangorn
03-02-2013, 02:53 PM
It kinda depends on what you like. You've already mentioned several fun and interactive spots, so you might want to focus on the food at a couple of spots.

Kona Cafe has some wonderful dishes, as does Boatwrights and Grand Floridan Cafe. These are all pretty easy to get into as well. If you want to try something more adventurous and are willing to spend 2 credits, seriously consided Jiko. Definitely not your typical menu, but excellent food and service. Narcoossee's is another excellent choice (also 2 credits) but it's typical steak and seafood. If you're lucky enough to get a window table, your experience will be greatly enhanced.

A couple other favorites:
Yak & Yeti
La Hacienda de San Angel

And don't forget Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney for a great counter service choice.

Steve

vicster
03-02-2013, 02:56 PM
'Ohana and Boma!!!

Pirate Granny
03-02-2013, 03:58 PM
The new Be Our Guest..once for lunch (counter service) and once for dinner (table service).. It's late so you may not get ADRs... Start booking...have fun...

BelleKP
03-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Ohanas
Boma
Le Cellier (if you want to spend 2TS)
Tepan Edo
Kona Cafe
Whispering Canyon would be a lot of fun with your age group too!

Happy Planning!

disneydeb
03-02-2013, 11:52 PM
Ohana

Boma

Be Our Guest

lovin'fl
03-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Ohana is a must do for us. Boma is fantastic but if you want a nice signature place, Jiko is even better. Le Cellier is another great signature. I just tried House of Blues for the 1st time in January...my hubby and I went for a lunch and it was really good (you could go in the evening when they have live music). San Angel Inn is great for ambiance. Whispering Canyon and Sci-Fi are good for theme but the food is just so-so (though you can get botomless milkshakes at Whispering Canyon...yummm). Boatwrights was our very 1st Disney dining experience in 2005 and we really really liked it (we were staying at POR that trip, though, and just haven't made our way back over there to go again). T-Rex is fun and we were very pleased with the food. Coral Reef is great theme and we have had good meals there too but some folks don't like it (you should check out the menu). ANd we just did Beaches and Cream in January and it was delish (I got Chilli Dog and DD got burger and other DD got club...fries were good and sundaes were to die for, especially the No Way Jose...can you tell I like ice cream?). You can't make ADRs for Beaches and Cream though...just walk ins there. I want to try Raglan Road, Via Napoli, Be Our Guest and Kona.

mgmnut
03-03-2013, 08:51 AM
One of the great things about Disney are all the choices of Restaurants. Here are some of our favorites.

Magic Kingdom:

-Be Our Guest (never ate here but putting it in as someplace to try forther first time)

EPCOT:

- Rose and Crown (one of my new favorites)
- Chef's De France (been a while since we ate here)
- Tepan Edo (always enjoyed, great atmosphere)

Animal Kingdom:

- Yak and Yeti

DHS:

Hollywood Brown Derby (been a while since we ate here)

Wildreness Lodge: Just a quick boat ride from Magic Kingdom

Artist Point ($$$ but worth it in my book, great upscale atmosphere)

Whispering Canyon Cafe (good food, lots of fun)

BhamWriter
03-03-2013, 09:10 AM
I would recommend Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. Not only is the food excellent, but you can walk the property before the meal, enjoying the special ambiance. If you are at the Magic Kingdom prior to your reservation, you can take a boat to the lodge, then return to MK via the boat.

WhiteRose1
03-03-2013, 10:51 AM
I would avoid Rainforest Cafe.

Yes the animals are cool, but I do not like their food. It's also loud and obnoxious. There are other food options I'd consider instead, like Yak & Yeti and Tusker House.

I went to one that was in a local mall when I lived in Philly a bunch of years ago. You can visit a RFC in other places in the world, so I'd stick to unique Disney experiences.