PDA

View Full Version : preferred rooms

steph436
03-01-2013, 08:11 PM
We are planning to stay at CSR in July. Is it worth the extra money to pay for a preferred room? What does preferred really mean?

LVT
03-02-2013, 12:32 AM
We did the Casistas building 3 preferred room. It was a reasonable distance to the main building and close to the #2 (first stop) bus stop. It worked out fine for us.
At POP we only did the preferred once. It was farther than we usually got by chance, so I stopped doing that.

crazygoalie39
03-02-2013, 04:26 AM
We stayed in a preferred room both times we've stayed there. CSR is quite large and you could be doing a lot of walking to the buses/food court if you aren't in a preferred room. However, if that doesn't bother you and you'd like to be in a quieter area, I wouldn't get a preferred room.

Kairi_7378
03-02-2013, 09:46 AM
I stayed in the furthest building from the Main building on my last trip. It was a 10 minute walk between the two. I enjoyed the walk because of the beautiful landscaping, especially in the morning. If that amount of walking won't work for you, you can either request Casitas and cross your fingers that your request is granted, or pay for the preferred room.

MNNHFLTX
03-02-2013, 02:07 PM
The only moderate resort where I think a preferred room is worth the extra money is Caribbean Beach. That's because the rates there generally are cheaper than the other moderates to begin with and the resort is spread out. Coronado Springs is also large, but I have only stayed in a preferred room once and that's when my husband's business was paying for it (he was there for a conference). As long as you don't need to be super close to the main buildings your chances are good that you can request and receive a room that's within reasonable walking distance. Of course, it doesn't hurt to check-in earlier rather than later so that you have other options if you don't like the room assigned to you. :)