PDA

View Full Version : Groceries, teens and a very late night arrival

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
02-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Our flight doesn't get into MCO until 11:30 PM on a Monday night. We'll be gathering our luggage and hopping aboard the ME to get to our villa at Kidani Village. My DD and her friend are flying in from another location (at the end of a school trip) and their flight gets in at 10:30 PM. Both kids are 17 years old and both are Disney veterans. They would prefer to get on ME as soon as they can and hang out in the lobby at Kidani vs. waiting in the airport for parents to arrive. I don't think riding ME will be a problem as DD did this last fall (when she was 16) when she had to catch a later flight than the rest of us due to a school activity. A couple of questions: I know the kids cannot check in to the room since they aren't yet 18. Does anyone see any problems with them taking ME and waiting for us to arrive at Kidani? If we order groceries ahead of time, will someone place them in the villa for us before we arrive or will we have to wait for someone to locate them and bring them up once we get there after midnight? Could the kids let them know we're on our way and have the groceries taken to the villa? We've never ordered groceries before so this is all new territory for us. Thanks in advance for any information!

DizNut42
02-28-2013, 12:55 PM
I think they will be fine catching the ME and hanging out in the lobby. They can wander out onto the observation deck for some nightime animal viewing.

I have not done groceries either, but I believe they deliver them to the room when it's ready for check-in. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

VWL Mom
02-28-2013, 01:54 PM
If you're using an outside service the groceries will be waiting for you at bell services. They will not deliver them prior to your check-in. I think the longest it ever took was 15 minutes for them to bring them up and at that time of night I doubt they'll be that busy.

If you're ordering from DVC, I have read that they will put the groceries in the room but I can't confirm as I've never used them.