PDA

View Full Version : Lounge chairs and Kids Club ques

disneyluva
02-27-2013, 05:53 PM
First time on DCL. Cruising on the Fantasy March 23. How early do I need to be out to get lounge chairs? And Can my 11 year old go to the kids club, or just the tween club, and can my friend's daughter (3 wks shy of 11) go to tween club? Or are they super particular about age?

Christine
02-27-2013, 06:23 PM
I haven't been on the Fantasy, but on the Dream we had to stake out our spots early. The pool area isn't that big for as many passengers as there are.
Now if your kids are going to be in the activity centers, you can do the adult only areas and that'll be easier.
As for the ages, it was my impression on both the Dream and the Magic that they are very strict on ages for safety reasons.

Have a WONDERFUL time! I dare say its very hard NOT to on DCL

Auroring Good Time
02-27-2013, 06:52 PM
We were just on the Fantasy last week. What a wonderful ship. We had a fantastic time. The Oceaneer Lab and Club are aged 3-12. The Edge is 11-14. Your daughter would be able to choose however, her friend may be restricted. It never hurts to ask though.

BrerGnat
02-28-2013, 09:14 AM
There is absolutely no leeway in the kids clubs. The only overlap would be with an 11 or 12 year old, who gets to choose which area they would like to go to. However, I have heard that the child has to choose at the beginning of the cruise and has to stick with that choice. No going back and forth, from what I have read. Not sure how true that is, though. Might want to investigate that further.

However, a child who is "3 weeks shy" of 11 is 10. 10 year olds can only go to the Oceaneer Club/Lab, not the Tween club. No exceptions on that.

Luckily, your two daughters will be able to use the same club, so that should work out.

We had no issues getting lounge chairs at all hours every day of our cruise, but we cruised in late August on a barely half full ship. Since you are going during spring break, you probably want to get out to the pool early.

There are lots of pool chairs on the deck ABOVE the pool, though, so look up there if you don't find any near the pool itself.