PDA

View Full Version : Four 4 a Dollar returns! Sortof...

Gator
02-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Hey everyone. Below is a quote from the lead singer from Four 4 a Dollar, the former opening act at the Beauty & the Beast Live show at Hollywood Studios. There's a facebook fanpage called - Bring "Four 4 a Dollar" Back to Disney World - trying to get some enthusiasm to bring back the group of guys back to the Studios. Here's a cut-and-paste from the site.

Sammy Pawlak

It must be working. Return2Zero (aka 4 for a Dollar) will be performing at Epcot, six days in March! More details to follow!

Like · · 7 hours ago near Orlando, FL

Still waiting on the when and where, but this looks promising.:number1: That would be great to see the band back at WDW again. I can say the B&tB show lacks without Four 4 a Dollar warming up the audience.:D

DizneyFreak2002
02-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Interesting... I guess their FB post didn't say if they were part of this Limited Time Magic offering? Or how they were going to be used in Epcot?

Maybe if they prove to be a big draw, they will be back in some capacity.... Hopefully people go and enjoy their performances... Very talented group...

Gator
02-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Yes, I was wondering if it was supposed to be part of some one week Disney theme promotion. Maybe they'll put them on the big stage by the fountain.

My question is how do they do their schtick. You know, I'm just a normal cast member sound-checking the mics - wait, I'm actually a singer! That's their thing. Not sure where at Epcot they'll be used unless it's as an opener for one of the Flower Power concerts. That would make sense.

Maybe the grass roots movement works. Guess I'll start "liking" all these fan pages to bring back the good stuff. Just hoping it goes over well with the audience and then Disney can find a new show they can open for. Maybe one of the two at AK...

DizneyFreak2002
02-27-2013, 06:47 PM
My question is how do they do their schtick. You know, I'm just a normal cast member sound-checking the mics - wait, I'm actually a singer! That's their thing. Not sure where at Epcot they'll be used unless it's as an opener for one of the Flower Power concerts. That would make sense.

Opening act makes sense...

I think they can even pull off the CM thing inside the park... May be tricky, but can be done, especially since Disney tried when Test Track was under refurb... 4 For A Dollar can come out dressed like custodial workers, cleaning the park, and start off with some clanging of garbage cans or something, then get into their act...

I'll be watching the net for their Epcot act to see how they are used... However it is, I hope they are successful in drawing a crowd...

Katzateer
02-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Darn- why not April!!:(. One of my favorites - really miss them! B&B is not the same without them.

PopPhan
02-28-2013, 10:34 AM
... 4 For A Dollar can come out dressed like custodial workers, cleaning the park, and start off with some clanging of garbage cans or something, then get into their act...

Isn't that what the Jammitors [in Epcot] do? Or Mulch, Sweat and Shears, for that matter? Or are they (Jammitors) gone since my last visit (Sept. 2011) too?!?!?!

TheDuckRocks
02-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Jaminators were there in Jan. Also Mulch, Sweat and Shears. Leaving now to join the 4 fod a Dollar fan group.

DizneyFreak2002
02-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Isn't that what the Jammitors [in Epcot] do? Or Mulch, Sweat and Shears, for that matter? Or are they (Jammitors) gone since my last visit (Sept. 2011) too?!?!?!

They are still there but 4 For A Dollar is better :)

Gator
03-01-2013, 09:00 PM
OK, I just got some official dates from Sammy.

Four 4 a Dollar will be appearing under their non-Disney alias of Return2Zero, but it will be the classic lineup that we all loved over at B&tB.

They'll be performing at the American Gardens Theatre in Epcot on March 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20. No times have been given yet, but these dates should give people enough to book their Epcot trips.

Spread the word and go the fan page to "Bring them back"!:number1:

disneymom15
03-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Darn, was hoping we'd see them (really miss that group). We're there thru March 10th, miss them by a few days.

Main Street Jim
03-03-2013, 08:11 AM
*SOMEBODY*....please get some decent video! :)

Gator
03-04-2013, 10:48 AM
*SOMEBODY*....please get some decent video! :)

Yes! Youtube doesn't seem to have much good stuff for this band. It would be nice if someone there had a good camera in a good seat and made a good upload.

Gator
03-08-2013, 11:51 AM
A new update from the guys. They'll be performing in the American Adventure rotunda on the dates mentioned above. The times will be between 11am and 5pm, though nothing specific has come out.

Gator
03-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Latest update from Doug Teel, bass singer for 44A$.

Return2Zero, aka Four 4 a Dollar, will be at Epcot today, tomorrow, and Friday. They'll be singing in the American Adventure rotunda at 12:30, 1:15, 2:00, 2:45, 3:30, 4:15, 5:00.

If you're close, go and catch'em!

Melanie
03-13-2013, 11:45 AM
In the rotunda? Where has Voices of Liberty gone?

I've never seen these guys, so I'm admittedly clueless, but what kind of songs do they sing?

PirateLover
03-13-2013, 09:32 PM
They sing a capella and usually do older pop/rock songs. I bought one of their albums about 10 years ago, some of the songs I remember were "Moondance," "Fly Like an Eagle," "Love Potion #9," and so on. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Beach Club Babe
03-20-2013, 09:01 AM
We saw them on Monday! They were fabulous as usual! I saw 2 sets which they had completely different songs. Some of the songs were Love Potion No. 9, Georgia, Go The Distance, Somewhere Over The Rainbow. As for the Voices of Liberty, the guys said they were just taking a short break and rehearsing some new songs. I was only able to take 3 short videos on my cell phone as my video camera had died. Afterwards they stayed around to visit with the fans for a few minutes and I got to chat a few minutes with 3 of them. The 4th member, Andrew has moved back to his wife's hometown and is not with them. They had a replacement, E.J. who did a great job and is a nice addition.

Gator
03-25-2013, 04:09 PM
I was only able to take 3 short videos on my cell phone as my video camera had died. Afterwards they stayed around to visit with the fans for a few minutes and I got to chat a few minutes with 3 of them. The 4th member, Andrew has moved back to his wife's hometown and is not with them. They had a replacement, E.J. who did a great job and is a nice addition.

Make sure you get those vids up on youtube for the rest of us poor schlobs. Maybe you can link them over at the facebook fanpage.

Beach Club Babe
03-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Make sure you get those vids up on youtube for the rest of us poor schlobs. Maybe you can link them over at the facebook fanpage.

I have them posted on my facebook. Not sure how to link them to Intercot's fan page though. Maybe a moderator could help with that. Also if anybody wanted to friend me on facebook, they're welcome just pm me.