PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan...Napa Rose?

SteveP
02-27-2013, 12:06 PM
I just booked a package for Disneyland in July and purchased the Mickey's 5 Day Dine in the Magic Meal Plan and wanted to know if I could use any part of the plan for Napa Rose? From what I am reading, it seems I could use the vouchers but that might be it. Can you use more than one voucher per dinner, or is it one per meal? :mickey:

BrerGnat
02-27-2013, 12:59 PM
Oooh...you bought that dining plan, huh? Any way you can remove that part of the package and get your money back. That dining plan is NOT a good idea. Just FYI, when you use those vouchers, you will NOT get cash back from them. So, don't use any for meals that are worth less than the face value of the voucher. These are actual, paper vouchers, in specific denominations. $5 for snack. $15 for CS meal, $25 for table service meal, $40 for "premium" table service meal. In addition, you can only use them at FOOD locations, but not for a candy treat from the confectionery, for example, because that is a merchandise location (technically). In addition, there are many places at DLR that do not accept the vouchers. For example, there is nowhere at Downtown Disney where you can redeem the vouchers. In addition, vouchers cannot be used for tax, tip, or alcohol portions of your meals, even though it's basically a straight money exchange. You cannot exchange vouchers for different denominations, and if you have vouchers left over at the end of the trip...too bad...money down the drain.

Really, there is way more negative to this dining plan. You really should reconsider this. It is NOT even remotely similar to WDW's dining plan.

If you can remove this dining plan from your package at this point, I strongly urge you to do so. This plan saves NO money, and likely, you will actually lose money on it, since the vouchers are dollar for dollar what you paid for the plan. Buy a $3 soda with a $5 voucher, you are OUT the two dollars. Disney keeps it. It's very twisted and, honestly, I don't know how Disney has gotten away with this plan for so long at DLR. You are forewarned!

But, yes, you can use them at Napa Rose. Just not for the tax, tip, or any alcohol.

SteveP
02-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the info, Natalie, I didn't realize how it worked! It does sound a little bogus, but the deal we got was pretty good so I don't think we'll cancel, but it's good to know the downfalls so maybe we could work the system a little and try to get the most out of it.