PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Cakes

deedeenmickey
02-27-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi All! It's been a while since I have been on. I have a question about Bday Cakes. My husband will have his Bday Sunday at the Magic Kingdom. I want to order a cake for our ADRs at Crystal Palace for lunch. I want to order the 8 or 10 inch cake but I want the fresh cake not the Sara Lee kind. Are both of these the fresh cakes? and if we have left overs will be able to either pick it up on our way out of the park or have it sent to AoA or is it just thrown out? Thanks so much for your help!:party:

AgentC
02-27-2013, 10:20 AM
The cakes you order at the podium are 6 inch cakes. They are like a basic super market cake but they are what people usually refer to as the Sara Lee style cake.

You can order a 8/10 inch cake or a Mickey Head cake 48 hours in advance by calling the cake hotline 407-827-2253. They run $35-48 dollars and you can add a screen print, name etc. These are still a super market style cake but are a step up from the podium cakes.

You can order a custom cake from the Contemporary and have it delivered to the Crystal Palace. These are made for you and start at $60 and up. Their number is 407-824-2955.

When we have had cakes, they will pack it up for you to take with you. I have never asked them to hold a cake so I do not know if it is possible.

TheDuckRocks
02-27-2013, 10:38 AM
We recently celebrated our 50th anniversary at WDW and wanted a cake. Found the most information on the Disney Food Blog website (google it). If you scroll down on the home page about half way down you will see on the right hand side - Disney Dining FAQ. The 6th listing down is Ordering a Cake at Disney World. It is complete with all your options.
I ordered mine from the Yachtman's Steakhouse, it was made on site and was amazing.
BTW - it was the 10 inch one for about $50, we had 9 people and way to much cake. They did pack the uneaten cake to go with us.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-27-2013, 01:30 PM
I was told they will not deliver food items to the resorts for you, not sure about the front of the park. I would check directly with the restaurant and see if they will hold it there for you.

tomatoe pie
03-03-2013, 06:49 PM
i have had several cakes ordered from pat anderson at gf and also from brian at gf. they were always fantastic in looks (personal design) and taste fantastic. :eat: they were delivered to our table at the restaurant.

also had one delivered to our room at akl and at bwv. :party: they were freshly made cakes, not grocery store type. some were 10 inch and another 8 inch. they were great. it does cost a little more for the freshly made, but is worth it. we even took some home with us.