PDA

View Full Version : Flame Tree or Yak and Yeti for lunch

Katzateer
02-26-2013, 08:00 AM
We have eaten at each of these places once. Normally don't eat at AK if we make it there at all. Our last visit was almost 2 years ago.

Which do you like better and why??

I was not very impressed with Y&Y but the wonton dessert we got was awesome. I liked the BBQ at FT and the outdoor seating was very nice.

Would like to go to both but only have one lunch time available since I am only going to parks 2 days in April ( short trip to go to flower show at EPCOT).

BrerGnat
02-26-2013, 08:12 AM
Flame Tree BBQ. Can't really get any good smoked BBQ anywhere else at WDW now. It's a better value, being a CS, and I like the seating area outdoors. Plus, it won't take up as much time as a TS meal, if that matters to you at all.

DizNut42
02-26-2013, 09:29 AM
We've eaten at both as well and all I can say is, decide on what type of meal you want. BBQ or Asian style cuisine. We've had good meals at both. We do enjoy the outdoor seating at FT.

Every time we walk by FT, I want to go get some BBQ, it smells sooo good.

hoop de do
02-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Easy! :secret:
FT for your main meal and Y&Y for dessert.
Problem solved. :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Flame Tree:mickey:

Belle of the Ball 051411
02-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Another vote for Flame Tree! I do, however, like the idea of dessert at Yak & Yeti. :)

DonaldsBFF
02-26-2013, 12:02 PM
I am assuming you are referring to Y&Y counter service. We have done both and consider both to be among the better CS options in all of DW. Both have nice outdoor seating options except Y&Y seemed to be a busier spot and not as much shade and a lot of birds around. I would say Y&Y was better for variety and something different but you can't go wrong with either one. I would like to do both next trip but if I had to pick one it would be Y&Y. Last time we brought the egg rolls in line with us for EE. Helped pass the time and was a nice snack.

Gator
02-26-2013, 12:46 PM
I would usually say FT quickly, but our last trip left me a little disappointed. It's always been my favorite place to eat in all WDW. But this last time, the ribs seemed to be really dry, and the beans have changed and aren't as tasty as before. It definitely slipped from the #1 spot for me. The Y&Y counter service is pretty good for selection, but the seating area can't match FlameTree.

Katzateer
02-26-2013, 01:06 PM

I thought of that :). That might be what I will
do.:thumbsup: can't resist the smell of good BBQ and I do like the outdoor seating at FT.

Didn't know there was a counter service for Y&Y- I will have to check out the desserts but I would probably go for the won-ton dessert at table service. I remember everyone loving that dessert.

AK is not a park we visit often - my husband isn't a big fan. But since I am going solo I thought I would visit it one morning and then head to EPCOT.

Pally
02-26-2013, 01:34 PM

Another vote for Flame Tree! I do, however, like the idea of dessert at Yak & Yeti. :)

Another vote for trying to get both in on your visit. Enjoy yourself. I can smell FT now. I have always loved it. :mickey:

Crow
02-26-2013, 11:28 PM
I like both. Flame tree is great for CS, u can sit and see Everest. and some discounts w AP or TIW.
Y&Y was good too a few trips ago for TS. i did try the wontons and they were good.
good idea to eat at Flame Tree then maybe just wontons at Y&Y

SBETigg
02-27-2013, 04:00 AM
I would stick with Flametree. There are so many great seating areas-- I like to go way back and sit with a view of Everest. The food is good, and definitely a value. Yak and Yeti isn't bad, just seems to take a lot of time and I'm not sure I would enjoy it as much on my own. The quick service at Y & Y is not as good as Flametree.

BrerGnat
02-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Since your time is limited, I'd pick one. I'm sure Y&Y has some good desserts, but is it worth the time it would take? You're looking at least 30 min for a TS sit down dessert...

Granny Jill A
02-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Flame Tree is great - food is great - location is fabulous.

Y&Y was OK - atmosphere was nice but the food was just OK.

darthmacho
02-27-2013, 04:30 PM
I have been meaning to eat at Flame Tree for years now, but I missed it the past two trips because I am a huge fan of Yak & Yeti!

I tried Y&Y for the first time in 2010, and when we booked our 2012 trip, there was no question in my mind that we had to return for a lunch there. Love the Mango Pie! I certainly wouldn't mind if it became an AK tradition.

like2workout
02-28-2013, 10:34 AM
flame tree is not only my fav. quick service at animal kingdom, but also in all of the parks. they have several great choices and a nice area outside to eat.

Dragongirlx
02-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Another vote here for flame tree.
While Yak and Yeti is very nice nothing beats flame tree for me - I love it

DANAM
03-02-2013, 10:41 PM
My vote is for Flame Tree although I really like Yak and Yeti too. I don't think you could go bad with either place.

BhamWriter
03-03-2013, 09:15 AM
My wife and I enjoy Yak & Yeti. Last time, we had a seat upstairs by a window, giving us the ability to "spy" on guests wandering through the park. The food is good, the ambiance is excellent, and the servers work hard (I feel sorry for them walking up and down the stairs all day).

Y&Y is owned by Landry's, which is a large restaurant chain. Neverntheless, the theming is very, very good.