PDA

View Full Version : Passed ROFR; SSR

TheHD
02-25-2013, 08:41 PM
After serious discussion and research since our last trip in Nov '11, my family and I decided to purchase DVC. We were informed last week that we passed ROFR for SSR. It's perfect that our points month is in March and she be loaded right before receiving our paperwork and membership, especially since there were not any leftover points.

SSR was not our first choice, but after research, I think that it was a wise decision. We have never visited the resort, but it looks beautiful and I hear the pools are nice.

We are so excited! :mickey:

greengeen
02-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Welcome Home :-)

TheHD
02-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Thanks!

DizneyFreak2002
02-25-2013, 11:33 PM
After serious discussion and research since our last trip in Nov '11, my family and I decided to purchase DVC. We were informed last week that we passed ROFR for SSR. It's perfect that our points month is in March and she be loaded right before receiving our paperwork and membership, especially since there were not any leftover points.

SSR was not our first choice, but after research, I think that it was a wise decision. We have never visited the resort, but it looks beautiful and I hear the pools are nice.

We are so excited! :mickey:

SSR gets such a bad rap but the resort is really nice... Especially the tree house villas... Congrats on the news!

TheHD
02-25-2013, 11:50 PM
SSR gets such a bad rap but the resort is really nice... Especially the tree house villas... Congrats on the news!

Thanks!

That is what I hear about SSR as well.

I have seen pictures and videos of the Tree House Villas as well, but they are way out of my points range. Maybe someday...

vizsla
02-26-2013, 04:51 AM
:mickey: Welcome Home :mickey:

mickeyman42
02-26-2013, 06:07 AM
Welcome Home! we also just passed ROFR last week for SSR, so I guess we're neighbours? haha:mickey:

Disney4us2
02-26-2013, 06:42 AM
Welcome home:mickey:

DizNut42
02-26-2013, 09:06 AM
Welcome Home :mickey:

We bought at SSR back in '04 and have stayed there six or seven times. We like it a lot and also don't understand the bad press it gets at times. We like being able to walk to DTD and enjoy the pools. Have not stayed in the Tree House Villas yet, but will this coming Dec :)

Our favorite DVC resort is BCV (our first DVC purchase). We really enjoy the atmosphere there and the ability to walk to EPCOT and HS.

TheHD
02-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks everyone! I feel welcomed.

I just received an email today stating that our closing documents have "gone through" and we should see them shortly.

Can't wait...

TheHD
02-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Welcome Home! we also just passed ROFR last week for SSR, so I guess we're neighbours? haha:mickey:

Haha! Welcome neighbor. Congrats on your DVC as well!

TheHD
02-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Welcome Home :mickey:

We bought at SSR back in '04 and have stayed there six or seven times. We like it a lot and also don't understand the bad press it gets at times. We like being able to walk to DTD and enjoy the pools. Have not stayed in the Tree House Villas yet, but will this coming Dec :)

Our favorite DVC resort is BCV (our first DVC purchase). We really enjoy the atmosphere there and the ability to walk to EPCOT and HS.

I imagine that most of the bad publicity SSR receives is due to the size of it??? Maybe people who don't enjoy SSR, do not like walking as much as I do. I enjoy being able to walk around large resorts. We stayed at CBR once and although, there was a lot of walking, I enjoyed that part of it.

Enjoy your stay at the Tree House Villas. I would love to do that, but it would require three years of points to do so.

faline
02-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Welcome home! Congrats on your purchase.

Our last stay was at Saratoga Springs. We were a bit hesitant about our stay based on all the "bad" things we'd heard about this resort. We were very pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay at this resort in the future!

VWL Mom
02-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Congratulations and Welcome Home!!

DizNut42
02-28-2013, 08:17 AM
I imagine that most of the bad publicity SSR receives is due to the size of it??? Maybe people who don't enjoy SSR, do not like walking as much as I do. I enjoy being able to walk around large resorts. We stayed at CBR once and although, there was a lot of walking, I enjoyed that part of it.

Enjoy your stay at the Tree House Villas. I would love to do that, but it would require three years of points to do so.

Yes, it is the largest of the DVC resorts, so that may factor in. We enjoy walking as well, and if someone is a fan of WDW, then they should know that walking is a huge part of the experience. I remember reading a post a few years ago where someone wore a pedometer for a day and clocked in 13 miles for a day at MK. I can believe it.

We're excited about the Tree House Villas. We tried to stay there in Dec. 2011, but they were booked. When we decided to make that trip, not a last minute decision, but we were well inside the 7 month booking window, there was no room at the inn. Had we done closer to the 11 month window (like we did this year), I'm sure we would have gotten it. Having said that, this is another reason we like SSR; we can generally get a reservation only a few months out.

laprana
02-28-2013, 10:54 AM
:congrats: and Welcome Home! I've stayed at SSR twice now on points and really enjoyed the resort! It does get a bad rap, but I think it's a lovely place with a nice, relaxed atmosphere. I really love being able to walk to DTD and I also think the restaurants are very good. We usually eat at Artist Palette at least once per trip, even if we're not staying at SSR! :thumbsup: I hope you enjoy your DVC membership and SSR!

TheHD
02-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Thanks again everyone.

Just received our final papers today. Almost official.

Even if we can stay somewhere else, which we'd eventually like to every-other trip or so just to mix it up, we will stay at our home resort for our first DVC trip.

Very excited.

tomatoe pie
03-05-2013, 05:57 PM
congratulations and welcome home.:welcome:

our dvc home has been one of the best purchases we have ever made. i wish you many years of great visits to your disney home.

TheHD
03-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Thank you.

We just sent our payment in and final paperwork. Just a matter of days now.

DizneyRox
03-06-2013, 06:53 AM
Posting point cost helps others that might be interested in the magic number to pass ROFR.

At this point however, I think DIsney will take almost anything to keep the points in paying members hands and not have to try and sell them at their insanely inflated prices.

Christine
03-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Welcome home!

We love ssr- and added on there. It's definitely a lovely place to stay IMHO.

TheHD
03-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Welcome home!

We love ssr- and added on there. It's definitely a lovely place to stay IMHO.

Thanks. It appears we've made a great choice. We will know hopefully this summer for our first DVC trip.

TheHD
03-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Posting point cost helps others that might be interested in the magic number to pass ROFR.

Is that alright to post here? I didn't think it was "allowed"?

lovin'fl
03-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Thank you.

We just sent our payment in and final paperwork. Just a matter of days now.

Congrats! You will love your DVC membership...and careful, you may get add-on-itis. We passed ROFR around the same time as you (2/20) for our 3rd contract.

I got my closing docs last week and overnighted them with our payment...the closing company got them a week ago today and we still have not had word that we've closed. I am wondering how long it should take to close (can't remember how long the last 2 closings took, but I think it was about a month from passing ROFR until we could use our points). And once we close, it will take Disney another 10-14 days to transfer the points over to us...right? I really hope to be able to book our Xmas trip around March 20, but that would mean we'd need to close today (or yesterday ;-)

CanadianWDWFan
03-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Congrats and :welcome: Home!!

TheHD
03-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Congrats! You will love your DVC membership...and careful, you may get add-on-itis. We passed ROFR around the same time as you (2/20) for our 3rd contract.

I got my closing docs last week and overnighted them with our payment...the closing company got them a week ago today and we still have not had word that we've closed. I am wondering how long it should take to close (can't remember how long the last 2 closings took, but I think it was about a month from passing ROFR until we could use our points). And once we close, it will take Disney another 10-14 days to transfer the points over to us...right? I really hope to be able to book our Xmas trip around March 20, but that would mean we'd need to close today (or yesterday ;-)

Thanks.

You have some very good questions. I'm hoping someone who recently went through this can shed some light on the timeframe.

VWL Mom
03-12-2013, 07:38 AM
You need to check with your broker on the closing date. When we added on last summer, the closing packet we received had the closing date in them. The problem was we were signing July 2 and the closing date assigned was July 27, totally unacceptable. You're not sitting on my money for almost a month :nono:.

A quick call to our broker got the closing date moved up to July 10 and the points were loaded into our account two weeks later.

TheHD
03-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the input.

I just found out this morning that we closed and we should see our packet from Disney in around 14 days. Does that sound right?

VWL Mom
03-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the input.

I just found out this morning that we closed and we should see our packet from Disney in around 14 days. Does that sound right?

Congratulations, you're almost there! We didn't get a packet because we were already members and it was the same use year. At 14 days, regardless of if you have received your packet, you can call DVC MS and they should be able to give you your information so you can begin booking. Sooner than 14 days, they normally will not give you the info even if they have it.

TheHD
03-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Alright. Thanks for the information.

I can't wait to see what it's like being a DVC member.

TheHD
03-13-2013, 11:51 PM
At 14 days, regardless of if you have received your packet, you can call DVC MS and they should be able to give you your information so you can begin booking.

Do you just call and give them your name? Is that how that works?

VWL Mom
03-14-2013, 07:50 AM
Use the member accounting option and they will need your name, resort, address and phone to pull it up.

lovin'fl
03-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the input.

We closed on 3/11. We are already members so we should see our points online within 10-14 days of closing...so you should also be getting your paperwork in around 14 days from closing. I check online every day (few times a day) to see if there's some miracle that the points are already transferred and available (even though it's only been a few days). Hope you get your packet quickly.

TheHD
03-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the info VWL Mom :thumbsup:

TheHD
03-15-2013, 12:08 PM
We closed on 3/11. We are already members so we should see our points online within 10-14 days of closing...so you should also be getting your paperwork in around 14 days from closing. I check online every day (few times a day) to see if there's some miracle that the points are already transferred and available (even though it's only been a few days). Hope you get your packet quickly.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

I know what you mean; similar to checking everyday to see if your tax return was deposited even though you know they're sitting on it :)

lovin'fl
03-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

I know what you mean; similar to checking everyday to see if your tax return was deposited even though you know they're sitting on it :)

Yup...exactly!! I have a feeling Disney will take every second of that 2 weeks to load my points. They'd be smart to get them in there ASAP...cause as soon as they do, I am booking a 2BR and a studio at AKV and adding on the dining plan for the 5 of us (in the 2BR). First time getting the dining plan since 2008.

TheHD
03-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Yeah, same here. As soon as my points are loaded, I'm booking a stay and flight as well.

We were able to get our 12 night stay on the Dining Plan last trip in 2011 free and I have to admit, it will be really difficult not to have that plan on our upcoming trip. It was so much fun eating at all the different locations and trying different foods that I normally would not have done on my own dime.

lovin'fl
03-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Yeah, same here. As soon as my points are loaded, I'm booking a stay and flight as well.

We were able to get our 12 night stay on the Dining Plan last trip in 2011 free and I have to admit, it will be really difficult not to have that plan on our upcoming trip. It was so much fun eating at all the different locations and trying different foods that I normally would not have done on my own dime.

Look into the TIW card. That's what we used for our last several trips and it was great. It gives you a 20% discount at most TS places (for up to 10 people in your party). It costs $100 to get and it's good for 13 months. Can't use it on major holidays including Xmas Eve and Xmas so we won't be getting it for this 5 night Xmas trip and will just get the DP instead.

TheHD
03-17-2013, 03:14 PM
I will look into it. Thanks.

Does it include QS?

lovin'fl
03-17-2013, 06:17 PM
Very few QS (some at AK and the regular value resorts food courts and ESPN Wide World of Sports). Not many QS places at all.

TheHD
03-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Ok, thanks.

What other benefits can we get through DVC?

lovin'fl
03-18-2013, 10:19 AM
There are a ton of dining discounts and shopping discounts for DVC members. Whenever I dine or shop at WDW I ask what discounts they take (AP, DVC, AAA...I have all of them). You also get a discount on annual passes. We also have the Disney Visa and use our rewards points for dining/shopping when we go to WDW...but our SIL (also is DVC and has Disney Visa) uses her rewards to pay her annual maintenance fees. There's all kinds of perks...they are detailed on the member website (www.dvcmember.com).

TheHD
03-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll definitely look into this.

lovin'fl
03-19-2013, 10:26 AM
On 3/11 we were told that we closed...I looked up our recorded deed on the orange county website and found that the deed was recorded on 3/8. But we still don't have the points loaded into our membership. From what I've learned, the details (AKV) will show up online under our current membership and then 24 hours after that the points will show up and we'll be able to book something with them. Nothing is there yet....11 days since the deed was recorded. I am getting antsy. Patience is not my strong suit. TheHD- any news on your points yet?

PlutoPlanet
03-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Look into the TIW card.

We've given up on the DDP and use TIW now. Love it.

lovin'fl
03-19-2013, 01:18 PM
On 3/11 we were told that we closed...I looked up our recorded deed on the orange county website and found that the deed was recorded on 3/8. But we still don't have the points loaded into our membership. From what I've learned, the details (AKV) will show up online under our current membership and then 24 hours after that the points will show up and we'll be able to book something with them. Nothing is there yet....11 days since the deed was recorded. I am getting antsy. Patience is not my strong suit. TheHD- any news on your points yet?

Contract was added to my membership today...just waiting for the points to be added...yay!!!

TheHD
03-19-2013, 06:23 PM
TheHD- any news on your points yet?

No paperwork yet. I haven't tried calling DVC or anything. I will be on vacation starting Saturday for a week, so I'm hoping that when I return, I'll find a surprise in the mail :mickey:

TheHD
03-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Contract was added to my membership today...just waiting for the points to be added...yay!!!

Good news. So you should see your points soon?

TheHD
03-19-2013, 06:27 PM
We've given up on the DDP and use TIW now. Love it.

Yeah, TIW sounds good if you enjoy TS, but we just go for the QS. I wish they had some kind of substantial discount for QS.

lovin'fl
03-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Good news. So you should see your points soon?

Points were loaded pretty soon after I posted and I already used them to book a trip for Christmas. :thumbsup:

Have a nice trip and I am sure your DVC letter will be waiting for you when you get back.

TheHD
03-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Points were loaded pretty soon after I posted and I already used them to book a trip for Christmas. :thumbsup:

Have a nice trip and I am sure your DVC letter will be waiting for you when you get back.

Wow, awesome!

I will definitely enjoy it. Thanks for all your help!

VWL Mom
03-19-2013, 08:27 PM

:yay: That was quick!

TheHD, hope yours come through just as fast.

TheHD
03-20-2013, 09:49 AM
TheHD, hope yours come through just as fast.

Thanks! Can't wait