PDA

View Full Version : If we don't take her soon pre trip report

Bethis26fan
02-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Welcome to my pre-trip report. The official title of the trip is. . .Because If We Don’t Take Abby Gabby To Disney She Is Going To Disown Us And Frankly I Am A Little Scared Of Abby Gabby And Would Much Rather Have Her On My Side Than Not And Let’s Face It As A Four Year Old She Is Really Smart And If We Don’t Take Her Soon She Is Going To Go With Out Us A December 2013 Disney Trip.

Lol, so welcome to my pre trip report. Yes I know it’s a little early start a pre-trip report but I’m doing a lot of sacrificing so I can make this trip & I need some form of entertainment so bear with me. Please feel free to post suggestions & comments along the way. I would love to have as much fun on my on thread as I do some of the others I read on.

The Cast:

So first up who am I? Well I’m Beth and I’ll be hosting this report. I am 32 (33 at trip) single and love to spoil my niece & nephews & I’m roommates with my cousin/sister. Yes we are from the south no it’s not that kind of relationship. Lol my cousins & I have always been really close like sisters. My favorite character is Donald Duck followed by Chip & Dale. My favorite park is Epcot, and my favorite ride is Carousel of Progress.

Next up is Emily my cousin & roommate. Emily is 33 (34 at trip). She also loves to spoil her niece & nephews. Emily’s favorite character is Tinkerbell & Animal. Her favorite ride is POTC & her favorite park is MK

The two of us will start this adventure on Nov 30th we will leave out early that morning for our 9.5 hour drive down after a quick stop at Starbucks aka Starbuckies (the name Abby gave Starbucks). We are not a 100% sure if we will stop in Palm Coast Fl for the night or drive on into Orlando and check out an offsite hotel we’ve been looking out. As of right now we are looking at driving on into Orlando so we can check in early Sunday morning and hit the parks.

So what about the Niece & Nephew I mentioned? Well let’s start with them.

First up Is Laura she is 31, Sister to Emily, Wife to Mark & Mom to Logan & Abby. Her favorite Character is Piglet. Her favorite ride is RRC. We will also celebrate Laura’s 32 birthday while we are on this trip.

Next is Mark 30 (31 at time of trip). He of course is husband to Laura & Dad to Logan & Abby. Mark loves the classic rides. He is a fan of the star wars movies & Animal.

Logan 8 (he will be 9 in 5 days) Logan is my little Disney buddy. This will be his 5th trip to the world. He is starting to get into that pre-teen to cool stage, but when he’s with his auntie’s at the Disney store he tends to forget that. He of course loves the marvel hero’s but is also a fan of Buzz & Cars if he’s not to cool by time we go on the trip. 

Last but not least is the start of trip report Abby 4 (5 at the time of the trip). Abby has been to the world once before but she was only 1 so of course she doesn’t remember it. This kid is so determined that she is going any penny she sees on the side walk she picks up for Disney. Abby is a princess girl her favorites are Rapunzel & Belle. Funny side note story. I was talking with Laura this morning and she was saying something she is watching is live at Disney and they had the characters there and Abby started jumping up and down saying someone please take me to Disney.

Mark & Laura’s plans are basically the same as ours although they are traveling from a different part of the state. I’m not sure yet on what their plans are for the travel day. As of right now they also plan to stay at Pop although plans may change if the market changes. They are going to try to do whatever they can to get Abby G to Disney.

So part of the fun in a trip is the planning. I have my nice handy dandy notebook I’ve been working on. I even made one for Mark & Laura for Christmas. There is a little cooler than mine but it has stuff for the kids in it. In the next few post we will get more to the plans we’ve made so far and what it is to come. I’m going to try and space these out, but knowing me and my excitement you’ll get a lot of updates at one time.

Bethis26fan
02-25-2013, 10:28 AM
The Dates:

We are checking in on Sunday Dec 1st and checking out Dec 6th. We are hoping for some sort of discount and if it’s offered we hope to add a day to either check in a day early or stay a day longer. I think really if we get any kind of discount we may change this. Like most people of course we hope it’s free dinning. We choice not to do the dinning plan, because when we sat down and did the numbers it was cheaper to not do it, but as the old saying goes if it’s free it’s for me. We aren’t sure at this time if we will upgrade the dinning or just keep it as it is.

The Resort:

We have booked at Pop Century in a standard room. We do very little in the rooms so we don’t want to pay more just to sleep. Plus now with all the rooms have mini fridge and Wi-Fi its perfect.

So why Pop? There really is a reason for it.
1.We wanted to stay somewhere new. All of our past trips we’ve stayed at Movies

2.We wanted to stay at AOA, but they said no discounts any time soon. So staying at Pop we can walk over to AOA and check out everything without staying there.

3.It just looks like a fun place to stay

4.The tie dye cheesecake we’ve gotta see what all the hype is about.

The tickets

We are going with 5 day tickets no options. Emily & I are not fans of AK so we will skip it and it will give us 2 days in MK, 2 days in Epcot & 1 day in DHS. Right now we aren’t planning on doing MVMCP. I kind of want to do it, but we’ve done it a few times before & I’m not sure if it’s worth the extra $60 to do it again. Check back later to see if that changes.

January-2007
02-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Happy Planning!! Sounds like a fun trip in the making, lots to look forward to.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Sounds like fun:mickey:

faline
02-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Sounds like it'll be a fun trip!!