PDA

View Full Version : Holy Land Experience

hoosiermickey
02-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Never been to Holy Land Experience. Thinking about going during our trip in early March 2013. Anyone been lately? Comments?

Strmchsr
02-24-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm saying this as a pastor and seminary professor. My response to it was pretty much "meh." The historical accuracy of exhibits is fairly questionable. It's more Trinity Broadcasting Network's interpretation of the Holy Land more than being historically accurate. Now, the model of Jerusalem is pretty good and it's almost an exact replica of the model from the Holy Land Hotel in Jerusalem. So, it's okay, but definitely nothing like the real Holy Land.

Terra
03-21-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm saying this as a pastor and seminary professor. My response to it was pretty much "meh." The historical accuracy of exhibits is fairly questionable. It's more Trinity Broadcasting Network's interpretation of the Holy Land more than being historically accurate. Now, the model of Jerusalem is pretty good and it's almost an exact replica of the model from the Holy Land Hotel in Jerusalem. So, it's okay, but definitely nothing like the real Holy Land.

I agree with this. My undergrad degree is Pastoral Studies/Theology and I found the same thing. Plus I am not a fan at all of TBN and find this is just another way to capitalize on the faith. My kiddos were 1 and 3 then and it was terribly boring for them. They had a couple of kiddie things, but my boys were not at an age to sit through the shows or lectures.