PDA

View Full Version : waterparks

motherof4
02-24-2013, 02:13 PM
I am not sure if I want to add waterparks to my 8 day hopper If I wait till I get to the parks can I add waterparks then. and if I can does anyone know how much it would cost

faline
02-24-2013, 02:53 PM
On an 8 day ticket, looks like it would cost an additional $57 per 8-day ticket for 8 water park and more fun options.

Park Passes (http://intercot.com/themeparks/tickets/passes/magicyourway.asp)

VWL Mom
02-24-2013, 03:16 PM
If you have a PH already the additional cost would be $22. If your ticket is not a PH it would be $57 as Linda said. It would need to be added before the the last day of your ticket.

Eric87
02-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Depending on how many times you plan on going to the water parks, you may want to purchase the water park tickets separately to save a few bucks if its only a one day visit to the water parks.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-27-2013, 08:58 AM
We've done that, just bought a single-day ticket at the waterpark.

However, if you can add waterparks to a hopper pass for $22, even if you only use one of the waterpark admissions, it is a better deal than buying a separate ticket.

Lindslou
02-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Agreed. I just did this math for my tickets. If you have the park hopper it is way cheaper to add on the water park and fun. If you buy the water park ticket separately it costs almost $60 with tax. So the $22 add on is obviously the way to go (and you can go more than once!).

motherof4
04-11-2013, 09:10 AM
I just bought an 8 day hopper with waterparks and more. so do I get 8 days in the 4 major theme parks and 8 days in water parks? I don't understand how this works?

Lindslou
04-11-2013, 09:16 AM
I just bought an 8 day hopper with waterparks and more. so do I get 8 days in the 4 major theme parks and 8 days in water parks? I don't understand how this works?

Yes! That's why it's a great deal. = )

BrerGnat
04-11-2013, 12:50 PM

Yes, it's kind of confusing, but you get 8 DAYS worth of hopping around the 4 major parks.

In addition, you get 8 "FUN" entries, which can be used for the following:

-Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
-Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
-DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park
-Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course
-ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex4 (Includes 30 minutes of game access at The PlayStation® Pavilion)
-Disney's Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course5 (Before 4:00 p.m.)
-Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course5 (Before 4:00 p.m.)

These FUN options are counted individually, not by days. So, if you went to a water park and then to play Mini Golf in the same day, you are using up 2 FUN options. You get 8 total, to use how you wish.

You can use the FUN options the same day as a theme park entry. Or, you can use them on days you do not go to the major parks. It's up to you.

motherof4
04-12-2013, 10:20 AM
thanks everyone I think I understand it now.

motherof4
04-12-2013, 10:26 AM
so if I wanted to spend the whole day in one waterpark It wont take away from the major theme parks is that correct?

BrerGnat
04-12-2013, 11:19 AM
so if I wanted to spend the whole day in one waterpark It wont take away from the major theme parks is that correct?

Correct.

Technically, you could stretch this ticket out over 16 days if you wanted to.

Giggy
05-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Not quite the question you were asking but adding on water parks is a MUST for us whenever we go! :surfing:

I never quite understand why some people say they can take or leave these. Granted they are smaller than the big 4 parks but the rides are fun, the scenery is beautiful and they are both a brilliant way to spend half a day.

It probably helps that it's novel for us to be somewhere where it is practically always warm enough to go in water outside. That doesn't happen often in Britain... though today it was around 65 degrees here which for us was pretty exciting! :secret:

PopPhan
05-30-2013, 03:53 PM

NO! Sorry to go against everyone else answering, but you do not get 8 DAYS in the water parks, you get 8 ENTRIES into the water parks and/or Disney Quest.

If you go to BB in the morning and to TL in the afternoon and maybe DQ at night, you have used 3 of your 8 ENTRIES in one day!

That is the big difference between Park days on a MYW ticket and the entries allowed on the Water Park Fun and More optional add-on.

mac badger
06-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Since your name is motherof4, I'm guessing you have kids! Just wanted to add that I have been at the waterparks and at least 20 times I have heard some random kid say that the waterpark was their favorite part of the whole vacation. There's a lot less waithing in lines, they get to run around more, and of course kids just love water. And if you can, go to both parks, they each have unique features, I cant decide which I like better. But if you're planning on just sitting and chilling while the kids play, BB has more shade than TL

LVT
07-03-2013, 01:16 PM
I find it well worth the $27. You do not have to commit all day 10-5. If you go early, you can sample the slides and find your favorites, before the main crowds at noon.
We go early and leave for lunch/nap parks. With 8 entries for $27 you can do it all. We even did miniature golf.

BrerGnat
07-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Since your name is motherof4, I'm guessing you have kids! Just wanted to add that I have been at the waterparks and at least 20 times I have heard some random kid say that the waterpark was their favorite part of the whole vacation. There's a lot less waithing in lines, they get to run around more, and of course kids just love water. And if you can, go to both parks, they each have unique features, I cant decide which I like better. But if you're planning on just sitting and chilling while the kids play, BB has more shade than TL

Yep. My boys are like that. It's all about swimming and water slides for them. We are doing 4 days at WDW in August and they don't even want to go to AK or DHS, just MK, Epcot, and the two water parks! It's their very favorite thing to do.

Aurora
07-15-2013, 11:16 AM
I think the Water Parks option on a Park Hopper ticket is one of the best values Disney has to offer. Even with the recent ticket price increase. which makes the add-on $27 (including tax) on a PH, you can get as many as 10 visits (on a 10-day ticket).

Even if you just get a 5-day ticket with 5 "fun" visits, that's about $5 to walk into one of the best water parks in America. What a deal!

BrerGnat
07-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Even if you just get a 5-day ticket with 5 "fun" visits, that's about $5 to walk into one of the best water parks in America. What a deal!

What a great point!

We spent a few hours at a local waterpark, and even with a free admission and military discount on top of that, we paid $40 for our family of 4. It was great fun, but man, that place cannot even begin to compare to either TL or BB.

We are super excited for our waterpark visits next month!