PDA

View Full Version : Quietest Value?

Luv4WDW
02-23-2013, 07:20 PM
We will be staying at the GF for 5 nights in the end of August. After seeing the great prices at the Value resorts this time of year we decided to tack on two days at the beginning of our trip at a Value. Neither of us have been to any of them... which is the quietest? I was thinking we'd probably stay at one of the All-Stars. It's just my husband and I. I know when we were at WDW last August there were some school groups so I was wondering if one All-Stars is better than the others in this area. What about the best for the busses?

Thanks! :mickey:

Madame Leona
02-23-2013, 08:35 PM
I haven't stayed at the All-Stars but we LOVE Pop Century. The rooms have always been clean, the food court is very good (for a Food court :mickey:) and the bus service is usually pretty quick. We haven't had any problems with it being unusually loud.

Strmchsr
02-24-2013, 09:50 AM
It terms of "quietest" it's probably All-Star Music. Sports can be pretty loud because sports teams and cheerleaders stay there. Movies and Pop can get loud because they're extremely popular. None of them are really bad though.

As far as buses, I think it's a mixed bag. Pop has dedicated buses (and Movies usually do, too), but I've noticed buses don't run as often at Pop, lines waiting for the buses can get long, and in timing things I haven't noticed my wait time for a bus being any shorter at Pop than anywhere else. The only real advantage there is you don't stop anywhere else. So, you share buses often at the All-Stars, but buses run a lot more often. It all pretty much evens out. Honestly, I think you'll find bus service at the values at lot better than the deluxes!

hel5165
02-24-2013, 10:18 AM
We love Pop and August may be fine even if the free dining is offered.
We just returned from there; have always spent the first week in Feb. This year however was bedlam. 15,000 cheerleaders throughout the world and all the south american tours. Couldn't move in the restaurant in the a.m. One day we couldn't get to the parks. Never again. Will spend the extra and stay at POR.

Strmchsr
02-24-2013, 10:31 AM
Will spend the extra and stay at POR.

A lot of groups at POR, too. POFQ or CBR would be better if you're trying to avoid those.

brownie
02-24-2013, 11:03 AM
It terms of "quietest" it's probably All-Star Music.

I think you'd probably have the best chance of finding "quiet" at All-Star Music, too.

buzznwoodysmom
02-24-2013, 02:29 PM
We have stayed at movies, music, sports, and pop. Honestly we thought they were all too loud.

We have visited AoA twice, but have not stayed there. The first time only half the resort was open and it was very, very quiet. The second time was about a week and a half ago and it was still very quiet. Of course we were visiting during the day when the majority of guests are in the parks. It just felt bigger and more peaceful there than at the other value resorts we've been to.

mechanic
02-24-2013, 05:26 PM
The music idea probably has merit, but really more important would be room location. Get a top floor room as far from the pool and lobby as possible.

readytogo2
02-24-2013, 05:36 PM
We love Pop and August may be fine even if the free dining is offered.
We just returned from there; have always spent the first week in Feb. This year however was bedlam. 15,000 cheerleaders throughout the world and all the south american tours. Couldn't move in the restaurant in the a.m. One day we couldn't get to the parks. Never again. Will spend the extra and stay at POR.

DW and i were there the following week and it was no better food court always packed and teenage girls running around at 1 am had to call front desk

Quadstriker
02-24-2013, 07:39 PM
We're an adult couple WDW with no kids.

Avoid the values at all cost.

SandmanGStefani24
02-24-2013, 08:19 PM
have stayed at all of them, and they are all pretty much the same. When I stayed at non-preferred rooms I had better luck though. These rooms tend to be the quieter ones, but you will still be woken up with doorslams and running down hallway/passages.

Non preferred rooms tend to have a lot less traffic and are further away from most of the common areas, except for some of the pools but hasn't been a big deal for me. Some people complain about the walk, but if i need something from the main areas, I always drive the rental if I am too tired. (golf cart anyone? lol) The rental also fixes the bus problems, too.

Also an adult with no kids and have plenty of fun at values. Not a big fan of south america tour groups either, but the bottlenecks are usually restricted to peak dining times, which I avoid anyway to get around crowds, so even when there was a group or two at my resort it was rarely an issue. Hope this helps..

BigRedDad
02-25-2013, 05:20 AM
Quiet and Value are an oxymoron. You will not really find it.

ImagiAsh
02-28-2013, 08:55 AM
A lot of groups at POR, too. POFQ or CBR would be better if you're trying to avoid those.

CBR was quite busy with cheerleading groups last time I was there, but Disney seemed to do a good job at isolating them to one "island" of the resort, so they were not running all over the place. We stayed at the adjacent building and were hardly bothered by them. :mickey:

EJS-Houston
02-28-2013, 02:50 PM
I requested a 4th-floor lake-view standard room in the 60s building at Pop Century, and found it to be perfectly quiet...albeit in November, but still.... I would recommend Pop Century, but be very specific that you want a lake-view room, not one overlooking a pool area.