PDA

View Full Version : Here I go again...encouragment needed

beksy
02-22-2013, 06:31 PM
On Tuesday I am taking the VA Bar Exam and I am really stressed out. I think I know the material but I am worried I may psych myself out because of the stress. Plus I have been sick for 2 weeks which makes it hard to study with the fatigue and horrible headache. I am taking prednisone and an antibiotic so hopefully I'll be feeling better by then.

I was dealing with that but then my parents and sister have also been sick (mom for a month) so it has been a rough time (the extended family is pretty much non-existant). I have RA and stress makes me stiff which is making it all worse too.

Then two days ago my mom's cat (and baby) went to the vet for an annual checkup. It turns out he has some problems (we aren't sure what yet...waiting for test results) but his liver is elevated and he is dehydrated. We are taking him to the vet daily for fluids and pain meds but we all love him and are worried about Sheba. :cat:

So I am sending a shout-out for any prayers, pixie dust, advice, or words of encouragment during this stressful time. My mom and sister are going with me and we have an oceanside room so hopefully this little trip (vacation for them, work for me) will help us all! Dad is taking care of Sheba. At least the exam will be over one way or the other and Sheba's results will be back :thumbsup:

SBETigg
02-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Best wishes, Tiffany! Just try to reduce your stress levels, take a deep breath, and maintain your focus. I know you can do this! Believe.

disney obsessed
02-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi.

Is this the first time taking the bar?

Also, is the bar exam in virginia beach?

cer
02-22-2013, 10:44 PM
In with the good air, out with the bad.

Take a hot bath and let all that stress go.

You are going to do great! :thumbsup:

beksy
02-22-2013, 11:35 PM
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the support :D

Hi.

Is this the first time taking the bar?

Also, is the bar exam in virginia beach?

This is my second time...I was 6 points short last time around :ill: Its actually in Norfolk but the stay there was over $150 a night just for me and it is only a 15-20 minute drive to our motel in VA Beach. The hotel is familiar and the ocean relaxes me so I decided the trade off was worth it and I could bring my support system (mom and sister) along.

disneymom15
02-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Good luck! Hope everything ends in a positive note.

Pirate Granny
02-23-2013, 11:36 AM
Good luck...WE know YOU can do it...deep breath and trust in yourself, you know the material...

VWL Mom
02-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Good luck Tiffany, you know we're all rooting for you!
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

disney obsessed
02-23-2013, 07:14 PM
The second time will be a breeze. Get a good night sleep and relax. You know what to expect.

My husband is an attorney. We know several people who have taken it several times. Don't psych yourself out.

I live in Virginia Beach. Hopefully the weather will be good. The ocean is always wonderful. Many folks have been seeing whales this year.

Good luck!

beksy
02-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks so much! Every word of encouragment helps :thumbsup: Intercot is like the extended family I don't have when I need support during difficult times. :rocks:

minnie04
02-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Good Luck and like everyone has said. Take a deep breath and say to your self "I've got this" you can do it !!!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

cer
02-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Hope it all went well yesterday! :)

How soon will you know the results?

TheVBs
02-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Lots of pixie dust and good vibes for your whole family!

laprana
02-28-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm coming in a little late on this, but just wanted to say that I hope everything went well! I'm sure you did GREAT! :thumbsup: Sending lots of :pixie::pixie: for good results that you don't have to wait too long for! :)

beksy
03-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Thanks everyone! I won't have the results for at least 6 weeks so I'm going to try to not worry about it in the meantime, which is easier said than done. I appreciate all of the prayers and good vibes sent my way. Once I got started it wasn't as horrible as I expected and my brain didn't go blank which was my big concern. At night I got to enjoy the sounds of the ocean putting me to sleep so I slept well and it was around a full moon so the ocean was beautiful. After the test I really enjoyed getting to lay in bed and enjoy that ocean view while just relaxing for the first time in a long time. Now I'm still trying to catch up on sleep. :blush: