PDA

View Full Version : First week of May crowds?

jdpip
02-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Does anyone know how the crowds are the first week of May? I'm thinking that Spring Break will be over and summer break will still be a month away. Thanks so much!! :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-21-2013, 09:21 PM
That is our favourite time to go!

Crowds are fairly low, weather is usually really good and we have a super time.

Especially with Easter being early this year, it should be a good time.

Strmchsr
02-21-2013, 09:33 PM
I haven't found the crowds to be low, though I hear they used to be really low that time of the year, but they aren't bad. I agree with Heather that the earlier Easter might make a difference. The only big issue is usually at Epcot with groups of kids (field trips and Magic Music Days).

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-22-2013, 09:22 AM
I forgot about the large school groups! They weren't much of a problem at all, and since they usually have matching shirts, we just avoided them!

It was cute watching the parent chaperones try and keep a gaggle of excited kids together. :)

faline
02-22-2013, 11:43 AM
I agree. Not devoid of people but very manageable - it's a favorite time for me - especially with the Flower & Garden show!!

eandrsmom
02-25-2013, 12:15 AM
We've been a few times during the first week of May. Years ago, I found the crowds to be very light, but the last two times that we've been, the crowds have been heavier. They weren't horrible like during a holiday, they were manageable. I think that park attendance has increased overall, so I don't know if there's a true "slow" time of year anymore.

FenwayGirl
02-25-2013, 03:51 PM
I have found that the school groups usually hit Epcot on Fridays ...at least that is what I have observed the past four years. I try to avoid Epcot that day.

jdpip
02-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Thank you so much everybody!

DizNut42
02-28-2013, 07:42 AM
We've found May to be a nice time to visit. Weather is generally not too hot yet and the crowds are also generally lighter. That said, in recent years the crowds have been heavier during what used to be considered "less crowded" times. Of course, a lot of our recent trips have been around Disney Runs like the Marathon, which tend to bring more people.