PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding

crazygoalie39
02-21-2013, 02:57 PM
So we're taking our first ever summer trip, end of June, because it's the only time we all could go, since we don't want to wait until next spring. Now we need to decide on where to stay. Our choices are POFQ, OKW, AKL, WL, or possibly BC.

We spend the majority of our time in MK and Epcot. We'll probably spending even more time in Epcot: WS this trip shopping and whatnot, since it will be so hot, and also we're going to be eating in WS 4 out of our 7 dinners. Obviously our first choice would be BC since we could spend the hot parts of the days at the pool and be close to Epcot. However, I don't know if we can afford that. So what would be our next best option?

buzznwoodysmom
02-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Even if you had not listed it, BC would have been my number 1 suggestion considering your going in the summer and plan to spend a fair amount of time at Epcot. We stayed at YC for 3 nights last Aug. and had a fabulous time. I really wished we had stayed for more nights, we enjoyed the resort and pool that much.

If you can work it out I would suggest doing half your stay at a moderate and half at BC. This would help to make BC more affordable. That is what we did last summer. We did 3 nights at CBR, followed by 3 nights at YC (we did a few nights at other resorts too :blush:). By splitting between moderates and deluxe resorts it made the cost of staying at YC more justifiable for me.

If that's not an option you're willing to consider, then my vote would be for WL of the other resorts you have listed. WL is our overall favorite Disney resort. Next from your list would be AKL.

Inside The Magic
02-21-2013, 03:16 PM
FQ and OKW are right around the corner from EC with FQ being your least expensive option. Both WL and AKL are entry level deluxe resorts close to the same price point but are further from EC.

BC will be great especially since you are hitting WS so much and Stormalong Bay is awesome

Kairi_7378
02-21-2013, 10:40 PM
I think POFQ is a nice option. It's in a great location on property. If I couldn't do Beach Club for the whole trip, I'd stay in the moderate category and do a little more shopping in the World Showcase :thumbsup:

Airblue1
02-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Beach Club

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-22-2013, 09:44 AM
For location:

1. Beach Club
2. Wilderness Lodge

MOJoe
02-22-2013, 10:00 AM
For location:

1. Beach Club
2. Wilderness Lodge

:ditto:

Mickey'sGirl
02-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Old Key West.

bruin1344
02-22-2013, 01:25 PM
I love both BC and WL but I would do BC because its within walking distance to Epcot and has a better pool.

thejens
03-03-2013, 11:42 PM
I love BC, French Quarter and Animal Kingdom. Any of these three are great resorts. I

DisneyEpcotDad
03-04-2013, 07:53 AM
:mickey: If $$ is not a problem, I recommed BC. It is very convenient to Epcot, 5-10 minute walk! Also, the Epcot Resorts area is just a nice area to relax in during morning and evening hours. POFQ would be my suggestion if cost is an issue.
:mickey: