PDA

View Full Version : Dollar Rental Car at MCO

MargaretMessler
02-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Anyone ever rent from here? Good? Bad? And most importantly, are the cars on site at the airport? I am not really all that interested in having to be shuttled elsewhere to pick up my vehicle, it's just another extra step eating up WDW time.

DVC2004
02-21-2013, 10:56 AM
We used once, they had to shuttle us. We didn't have a good experience- we used our debit card (our fault) to rent the car not realizing they were going to place a hold on funds. This was several years ago- now I know better to use a debit card for that. Anyway, I think the rental car was only $150 but they ended up freezing/holding $500 in my checking and didn't release it until days after we returned home. Again- I should have know to use a credit card.

Fangorn
02-21-2013, 07:18 PM
And most importantly, are the cars on site at the airport?

Yes. All the major rental car companies - including Dollar - now have cars on site at the airport. Dollar is not my favorite rental company, but they often have some good prices. In my experience, they have a tendancy to push really, really, really hard to sell all their extra insurance. Once you get away from the counter though, everything is pretty standard.

Steve

mickeyman42
02-22-2013, 05:23 AM
I have used dollar, at the airport. Cars are in the same parking garage as the rest of them. Never had a problem, signed up for the free dollar express membership online and when we got to mco we didnt have to go to the counter, just straight to the cars and we were off. Actually found the cars and service to be great both times ive used them

SandmanGStefani24
02-22-2013, 12:01 PM
they have a tendancy to push really, really, really hard to sell all their extra insurance.
Steve

Yet another reason why I love Avis' Preferred Plus program! You make your rezzie online and you just walk to your car and drive to MCO! Saves lots of time and you don't have to be sold anything.

mydisneygirls
02-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Used Dollar in the past and it was okay but now use Alamo....much better deal if you join their club and search for coupon codes.

MargaretMessler
02-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Update - found a deal with Enterprise thru Costco for less than Dollar thru BJs. :party: