PDA

View Full Version : Room Request?

BigRedDad
02-20-2013, 06:17 PM
OK, online check-in has been down for weeks. I have tried at all different hours to get it done and note a change on my reservation. I am not sure what to do at this point.

Here's the situation: I was in a car accident yesterday. I have pretty bad whiplash and I may have my knee scoped again on Monday. We arrive on Wednesday. I will still be able to walk, but it is going to get tiring and there will be pain as the day goes.

I want to get my request updated so I can request a room as close to the main building as possible. This will cut down on some of the walking, at least at the resort. The closest building for a Royal Room at POR is in Oak Manor.

What to do?

olivegirl
02-20-2013, 06:51 PM
We had a similar experience. DH had knee surgery 7 days before vacation in Disney . We called and info was noted that we needed a room close to dining hall/buses. Upon check in we were given room close to dining hall! We were really happy they could accomodate us!

gardenia
02-20-2013, 07:04 PM
All you have to do is call and have your request added to the reservation. Online checkin is pretty worthless for requests even when it's working. You can't make a specific request or give a reason.

Strmchsr
02-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Online checkin is pretty worthless for requests even when it's working. You can't make a specific request or give a reason.

Actually, the new system is pretty specific. Much better about requests than the old system.

I'm not sure what's going on with your online check-in. I didn't have any problems with the new system and several folks I know have been able to get it going. Pretty much for the last 3-4 weeks it seems to be working fine for everyone I know. Maybe it's a browser issue? Either way, definitely call Disney (or your TA, depending on how you booked) and note the medical issue. That will help make sure you get what you need. Also, keep in mind POR you have to make sure what you want to be close to. It's really spread out. Do you want to be close to the Main building (which, as you noted, for Royal Rooms is Oak Manor), to bus transportation, or to your parking lot if you're using your own car. Those three items can make a big difference. Nothing is really "close" to the main building as even from Oak Manor you have to cross over the Island and go around the pool, but it's closer than other Royal Room options. So, being close to parking or bus might be more helpful to you.

Buttercup
02-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Just call and speak to a real person. (407)W-DISNEY
I prefer to call when it's something like that to make sure they get the request and can confirm it right away, as opposed to hoping my online request makes it to the right person.

BigRedDad
02-21-2013, 06:40 AM
I'm not sure what's going on with your online check-in. I didn't have any problems with the new system and several folks I know have been able to get it going. Pretty much for the last 3-4 weeks it seems to be working fine for everyone

Every time I go to it, i get Woody processing to get to it then it goes to Goofy saying they encountered an error please try again later. This is the same error I have been getting for about 4 weeks now.

wdwvacationeer
02-21-2013, 08:27 AM
I always make my room request when I am making my reservations. Then about 2-3 days before we arrive, I send a fax directly to the resort repeating my request. So far, this has worked every time.

coloradowendyl
02-21-2013, 09:24 AM
The surest way to get your requests on the reservation will be for me to do it. We put it directly on the reservation and it goes directly into the computer.

Email me with what you need please!

Wendy